Order Print App

ekajyentwiw
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi, 

I am trying to figure out how to put in the "additional details" into my packing slip/invoice when I use the ORDER PRINTER APP.

Currently the warehouse team have to click on each order, but its easier if I could just bulk print them all to show the additional details as well.

I know its just a snippet of coding that needs to be put in but unsure what the coding is!

#app #coding #orderprinter #additionaldetails 

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
910 85 125

Hi, @ekajyentwiw.

Elias here with Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

Just to clarify, which additional details are you looking to put into your packing slip/invoices?

If you're looking to add the order notes (cart notes), you can add the variable, {{ notes }}, to your packing slip and invoices. As for the order details (eg. name, quantity, cost), which are on the invoices, but not the packing slip - We've got a guide that can help with adding order details to your packing slip. If neither of these are what you're looking for, we also have a list of liquid variables you can reference when editing the templates. 

Here's where you can find our liquid variable list:

If you're unable to find what you're looking for on our reference list, our Theme Support team may be able to further assist you with customizing the template for Order Printer. Although we're unable to create a support request through the Community Forums, please visit Shopify Help Center and we'd be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Once you've logged into your account, simply make a search for "Customizing Order Printer" and a button to get support will appear below the related articles shared from the search results.  

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ekajyentwiw
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi, 

its the additional details section when you look on a customer order. 

I have attached an image of what I wanted to add in, I could find any code to do this? is it actually possible to just code it in?

Its the additional details which is shown on the customer order when you click on it

Hope this helps!

ThanksThis is the additional details I would like to include in the invoice/packing slipThis is the additional details I would like to include in the invoice/packing slip

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
910 85 125

Hi, @ekajyentwiw.

Thank you for clarifying!

It's possible that the Additional Details is coming from another app, as I'm not seeing this field natively on my test order. While I can't guarantee that the information can be pulled/shared between two separate apps. However, for order attributes, you can try using the variable {{ attributes }} and see if the information displays on your packing slip and invoices. 

If that doesn't work, then you can consider copying the Additional Details onto the Notes field. This way, you can use the {{ notes }} variable on your templates and print this information for your warehouse team. 

Just to confirm, is the Additional Details coming from a third-party app?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes