I am a true beginner in many ways but work in house for marketing and sales. Here is the site I built: stellaus.com
We have been running a lot of ads to get visitors to the site, hence over 2000 sessions. But The average session length is only 20 seconds or so, and we have an abysmal conversion rate. Before I continue to burn money, can someone take a look and give me a few recommendations?
I know dietary supplements can be a harder sell but we should still be converting something.
I would love to add social proof, and we are starting to collect a lot of positive reviews on Amazon, but no sales on our home site yet.
Thanks in advance!
Hello @SteKan, the store looks good! here are a few suggestions:
- Add a loyalty program. Start using a loyalty program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store, follow or share on social media, and many more. This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.
- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when they are not on your store without getting their email address.
- You can add a chatbot or LiveChat to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.
- Welcome your customers with a welcome popup & discount popup.
- You can add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product.
- Add reviews on the product page.
These techniques will help you to retain your customers for the long term.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.
We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.
Hey @SteKan, I hope you are doing fine!
Congratulations on your store!
Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. Few things that I found odd are that you only have two products anyone will have more trust if you have more products, also your product titles don't live up to the store's amazing look if the titles are a little organized and descriptive it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. A good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example.
In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales. If you work on your SEO and Titles and improve them it will increase your search rating on google and will increase your sessions with the right traffic.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion.
I hope this helps you achieve your goals.
Good luck with the store.
Have a nice day!
Wasn't mentioned yet but a key factor in conversion rate is the quality of your traffic.
If you're getting 2,000 visitors that aren't interested in your products, or traffic from random social media ads, it will be hard to convert. I would get a professional marketer to help you dial in an audience and choose the best platform to get going with ads (I usually like to start with Google Ads).
After reading your product title and description, I'm not 100% sure what the product is... sounds like a supplement, maybe a natural energy booster or like a daily vitamins from vegetable extract? I would try to weave in some content to specifically answer the question, "what is this?" in the first sentence of product description, or in the product title.
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to review my store. You have a lot of helpful advice here. We have 9 supplements in total and about 6 beauty products but we have not started selling them them in the US yet. I am working on translating labels and getting documents together to bring 2 more of our inventory by next month. I agree that I need more products on the store page!
And you're totally right about the SEO I haven't really touched it! I'll spend the next weeks researching and trying to get the SEO up to speed.
Hi, it is a supplement! I wasn't aware that I wasn't being descriptive in the title! I will try to rework it and hopefully come up with something better.
As far as the traffic I had facebook ads and google display ads, but they weren't converting at all (and I was running a large daily budget) so I temporarily turned them down to a few dollars a day while I try to troubleshoot. I'm a fan of google ads but thought facebook ads might be more effective as it seems that a lot of people are having success there.