Over 500 visitors and 0 add to carts

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I designed my store and I am now running multiple campaign ads through Pinterest. I am getting up to 70 visitors daily, depending on the ads I am running. But no one is converting, no add to carts. I would love to get some advice. Whether the problem is on my store design or ads or something else. Thank you

Store Home Page: https://eartape.com/

Product Page (all ads link to this): https://eartape.com/products/earlap-ear-corrector 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey @jjjjjjj,

I remember your store from before.

I see you've made some changes, great job!

When I land on the page you've linked to (using a laptop), this is what I see:

eartape-home.png

A lot of white space, no price or description (until I scroll down). You really want to make that first impression count, a visitor may not even take the time to scroll down if this is their first impression. I'd recommend doing a landing page - have a video or really good before/after photos, some reviews, and keep it short and concise but tell what problem this product solves.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Great for store pop-ups or social media posts!
Pink, Orange, Red & Blue • Percentage off Variations Ranging from 20% - 80% off
Download for FREE!
1 Like
Highlighted

Hey @jjjjjjj 

Designing for conversion is all about psychological impact. The idea when designing for conversion is to give the visitor something visually stimulating, and something easy to understand. The imagery you have used is great because it describes exactly what the product does, however I think adding pricing would be a great idea! Buttons are also an awesome way to encourage your visitors to buy. I would also think about adding some copy like, "Shop Now", or a short(very short) description of the problem and how your product solves that problem.

In terms of converting it is not unusual for stores to get several hundred visitors before making a sale. Often times the main issues are:

1: The stores ease of use/design : difficult to use, not easy to check out, not clear what the product is, no clear indication of how and where to buy.

2: The way your ads are managed/targeted: ads are not managed in a way that is tailored to those who would specifically seek out the product/service, leading to clicks from visitors who have no need for the product.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you found my reply helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
 Feel free to email me at rockie@y2k.ai regarding any help
Raquel Marie: Shopify Development & Conversion Expert | Shopify Theme Customization & Development | Shopify Design | Conversion Design

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
219 39 141

Hey there, @jjjjjjj!  

That’s great to hear you are receiving traffic from your Pinterest but it can be very frustrating when those visitors don’t turn into customers. 

Taking a look at your site, some things to consider:

1. Homepage: I would make your logo across the top more prominent and visible. If you are using that in your Pinterest ads, making sure a familiar image is the first thing they see may help decrease their likelihood to quickly abandon the website. Additionally on your hero image, I would make sure you can see more of the top half of the head to see the full impact of the ear tape on the ears themselves and not have half of them cut off in the image. This is your main selling point!
  2. Navigation:  I recommend using a heatmap to determine which sections are being clicked on the most from your hamburger navigation menu. Once you understand the most clicked links, consider moving them out from behind the hamburger menu and creating a top main navigation bar. There also appear to be some repetitive items within the hamburger menu which could be confusing to visitors on which link they are supposed to click. I would make the hamburger menu as straightforward and simple as possible, limiting the number of categories by prioritizing the categories that are clicked on most as shown from a click heatmap.  
  3. Product page: On your announcement bar, you mention that you have free international shipping but when you look at the product page you mention that shipping charges will be calculated at checkout which can be very confusing to customers on what your policy actually is. According to a study by Baymard Institute, higher than expected shipping costs are the No. 1 cause of cart abandonment. In this case, you can use a session recording to see if people are revisiting your shipping policies after they have added items to their carts but ultimately don’t check out. This is a sign that your policies need to be revisited so they aren’t contributing to cart abandonment. 
  4. Footer: Make sure you don’t have repetitive links in your footer (i.e., Refund Policy). Also you mention you are using Pinterest ads to drive traffic but then you don’t list or link out to any of your social media accounts. The footer is a great place to add these items in. 
  5. Customer Service: People also want to know they can easily get a hold of you should they have questions about your product or problems with their order once they receive it. Including your contact information in your footer can be a great way to reassure customers that you are there to help them. Additionally, consider adding a chat option so that you are able to engage with visitors to answer any questions before they leave your site without making a purchase. Even if you aren’t able to be on chat all the time, you will be able to create an away form that let’s customers know that you received their questions and will respond to them as soon as you are able. 

You are well on your way to getting those conversions up and with a few simple tweaks to your website, you should start to see those conversions rolling in. If you are looking for some tools to help you optimize your website check out Lucky Orange which has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you for always taking your time to help.

Most of the things like white space, the logo being too small, the video images being cut out all are the limitations of the theme that I am using Narrative Theme.

I wanted to know whether I need to change my theme or is there a better (preferably free) theme to better make a one-product landing page.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
730 17 203

Hi @jjjjjjj !

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

When it comes to single-item stores it might be challenging driving traffic and have sales because the market for that product might not be too big. That is why I advise to work in partnership with other companies that sell complementary products or services.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1425 72 242

Hello @jjjjjjj, I hope you are doing good! The store & product page looks good. You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. Welcome customers with welcome & discount popup.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
416 16 88

Hi @KristinInfusion welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse the homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here.

Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

5. Shopify store owners made sales worth over $2.9 Billion during BFCM 2019. This year according to a Google report, "People will discover and buy online even more" and most of them will shop at local, small businesses. It’s past time to prepare your Shopify store for the biggest shopping weekend in the United States!

Now this year may not be exactly the same. Customer priorities and buying behavior has changed SIGNIFICANTLY this year, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Read more in our blog here to get a complete rundown of how to Increase Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales with Your Shopify Store Experience.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
31 2 9

Hey @jjjjjjj, I hope you are doing fine!

Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little organized and descriptive it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example. 

In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales. 

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps you achieve your goals. 

Good luck with the store.

Have a nice day!

0 Likes