Hi I am new to Shopify and have just opened my first store selling home gym equipment. I’ve begun advertising and I am getting a lot of clicks but no sales.
my website is www.drop-out.uk. Any feedback would be appreciated on what I can do.
Hi @Noahsmyth98, I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder.
Congrats on your store. The first thing I want to say is I really love the speed of your store. I been checking out here and there and the store speed is amazing. Your store is also graded A, you can check the result here: Shopify Analyzer.
However, there are some points I'd like to make so you can better your store and gain sales!
- Your store doesnt have a navigation/a header bar so I dont know how to go through your store. Consider add that cause it is the most important thing in one website
- Add Product Page, Collection Page (do not add all into the Homepage)
- When you have a header, make it sticky for it will be easier for customers to jump from pages to pages inside your store
- The picture underneath is your hero section. Id recommend you to make it more out standing. You can do it by separate the section with big banner + text on that banner + CTA button (important)
Here's an example, you can take a look. This hero section is from the PageFly template - Stella
- You should put a featured collection (I dont know if you have a collection since there is no navigation but you should add some products into one collection to make the customers feel like they have many options)
I don't know which app you're using to build your store but you can try the app I'm working on - PageFly.
Check this article to know what can PageFly do to help you maximize the effectiveness of Shopify home page.
If you find my comments useful, you can like or mark it as solution. Have a nice day!
Hello @Noahsmyth98, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback:
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button)- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Add a header menu. Make your store easy to navigate.
- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale. You can send them an in-email review form to collect more reviews. It can be a site review or product review and you can give loyalty points for leaving a review, signing up, allowing for push notifications which will help you to collect more and more reviews. This is how you can retain your customers and retarget them.
- You should start using the customer timeline feature to track customer journey right from the sign up till each and every activity like when the customer has last visited your store, Email opened, push received, products purchased, etc. This will help you to take action by knowing their behavior accordingly.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.
Now, onto my feedback..
Welcome to Shopify and congratulations on opening your store!
My first impression of your store is that the colors, logos and fonts didn't say "fitness/gym equipment" to me. When designing your store, personally preferences have to be set aside and instead design it around what would appeal to your target audience. We are giving away store tweaks, logo and store re-design so I'd encourage you to enter our giveaway but as an alternative, you can get a logo done up very inexpensively on Fiverr.
Next, on your products pages the dropdown menus aren't showing up properly. When you choose a color it comes up as a blank.
Now, onto your products. Currently you sell leggings, yoga mats and some home gym equipment such as resistance bands and jump ropes. These types of products are all very easily accessible, they are things that can be purchased in most stores in person or online or through Amazon. If you are trying to rank in search for leggings or yoga pants, you are competing with huge, well known brands with massive marketing budgets. Now, I don't say that to discourage you, I genuinely want you to succeed which is why I'm providing this feedback. When searching for a product to sell, you want to make sure your product isn't in a saturated market. The other thing you want to stay away from are products that are easily accessible, things that can be purchased in any big box store or online through them or Amazon. Ideally you want a trending product that is not available in stores.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hi @Noahsmyth98 !
The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.