PLEASE give me your opinions and any advice!

goodgroovygoods
Tourist
5 0 1
  • Hi there!  

I'm an events producer who has been out of work and income for over a year!... so I'm trying ecommerce utilizing the free Shopify trial with my store

good-groovy-goods.myshopify.com.

I could really use some help and guidance because I'm such a newbie at all this and I want, need, to be successful.

I'd be ever soooo grateful for someone experienced to offer me your feedback.

I will return the favor and help you if I can.

Angela ⚘

0 Likes

Hi @bristyr,

Glad to know that you are about to launch your business on Shopify, congratulations! E-commerce is one of the keys to success, and I’m happy to see that we have the same opinion.

In regard to your store, I find your Catalog page looks quite attractive with different products displayed clearly. As there’s always room for improvement, so for recommendations, I have some comments on your Home page if you are interested:

1, Add a hero banner to increase awareness as well as attractiveness. Here are some suggestions on hero banner to catch customers’ attention within 5 seconds only:

• Use bespoke images. Bespoke images help customers understand what you are selling with just a glance. A full-width image can be more impressive - to do that, you need to set your menu horizontally instead of vertically. A sticky menu bar is also recommended.
  • Add a brief description about your website. This helps increase awareness about the spirit of your store. Try using a short, to-the-point sentence that can create strong impression on the customers. 
  • Add a CTA button. As customers visit your store, the first thing they want to do is “go shopping”. CTA button catches both the will and the attention of the customers, thus increasing conversion for your store

Here are some designs that you can make use of for references:

PageFly_0-1610364555875.png

PageFly_1-1610364580048.png

PageFly_2-1610364608308.png

2, Add more information to your Home page. The more customers understand about your store, the more it becomes trustworthy. Besides featured products and collections, try adding information such as:

• Unique selling points: Do you provide 24/7 support for your customers? Do you provide free shipping? Are your products shipped worldwide? This information can make your store outstanding from competitors.

PageFly_3-1610364637907.png

• Testimonials and Social proofs: Showing testimonials is a powerful way to prove that your products are high-quality. Only 2-3 testimonials and your store is convincing enough for online purchase.

PageFly_4-1610364668692.png

• Newsletter box: A place for customers to follow up with your new updates about products, features, blogs,... You can also consider adding Contact Us form so that they can contact you when they have any further questions about your products.

PageFly_5-1610364695512.png

3,  Add CTA button to your slideshow. I notice that each image on the slideshow distributes one different type of product. Adding CTA button helps customers to start shopping once they find their favourite type of product, without the need to scroll back to Catalog menu which can make them lose interest gradually. 

Here is an example:

PageFly_6-1610364729704.png

To create a stunning high-converting homepage for your store, you can explore more than 70 other templates here at: https://pagefly.io/pages/templates. You can also use these templates for free once you have a PageFly account. 

Here is a demo store that is built entirely with PageFly app, you can check it for references: https://storefly.pagefly.io/

Above are some of my recommendations for your store, hope you can find them helpful! You can give it a like if you find it useful or mark as the solution if it answers your question.

Hope your business is successful and gain more sales everyday!

Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3722 214 663

Hello @goodgroovygoods, I hope you are doing well! I reviewed your store. You should work on the layout and design of your store. It's important to attract visitors to your store and enhance their browsing experience to get sales. Here are some suggestions that you can work on:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram shop & feed.

To add the new/ trending/ recently viewed products you can install AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations. 

- Create a drop-down menu in the left navigation bar to make your store easy to navigate. 

- There is a blank space in the header.

- Add announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store. AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars. 

- Add a footer menu.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.