POD store

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi!
Like others here, I would like some feedback on what I could improve on my store. It’s only about a month old. Still learning things. Most friends I ask aren’t giving good feedback. Sales are slow but Facebook ads are driving traffic. I know it’s not the best of times for apparel shopping.
Any advice appreciated!
Thanks

Edit: forgot to post link!  https://grayzweb.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1174 58 350

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Your store looks fantastic and you already have a defined niche, which is perfect.

Consider optimizing your hero image further - add a CTA [call to action] button, such as "Shop Now" linking to a relevant collection or product:

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 16.09.55.png

This way you will prompt visitors to click and browse your collections, which will improve your conversion rate [sales] and SEO [dwell time/time spent on your website].

"Popular" title - optimize it to make it more SEO friendly and descriptive, i.e. - "Popular Triathlon Design Tops", which is much more helpful for Google:

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 16.11.35.png

Footer - consider adding a navigation menu here as well. It’s a great way to improve your user-experience [part of SEO], so people can navigate your website smoothly without the need to scroll up and down all the time:

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 16.14.05.png

Product page - consider optimizing the layout in order to display the ‘Add to Cart’ button above the fold. Currently the button isn’t visible as a visitor lands on this page:

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 16.18.18.png

Your header area, especially the logo, take a lot of space on the page, making the rest of the content get pushed down the page. This makes the ‘Add to Cart’ button disappear from view, which may affect your conversion rate. You’d want this key info displayed above the fold, to improve the easiness of buying from you. Make sure to decrease the size of the header area [as mentioned earlier] and reduce the logo size.

Refund policy - consider writing a unique policy here instead of featuring default Shopify policy, which mentions items you are not selling:

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 16.20.42.png

It will help you build trust, tailor the content to your own store and avoid any duplicate content issues, which might affect your Google rank.

Blogging - you have a perfect niche for blogging. Consider posting articles more regularly. This is a great way to keep your visitors on the website for longer, and also to get more traffic from Google from people interested in these topics. 

Blogging is powerful - it helped me get to Google page #1 in only four days with this blog post: Breadcrumbs in SEO. I discuss how to write articles that rank on page #1 in my Facebook group 30 Days 2 Page 1 - join it now!

Your SEO score is 41/100

Your Google snippet [meta title and meta description] is not defined yet:

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 16.22.55.png

Consider optimizing it further. Make the most of the character allowance in your meta title [65 characters] and meta description [160 characters] to make your listings stand out with an offer and call to action. 

This snippet is very important, and it’s worth spending more time optimizing it. It’s often the first interaction with a potential new customer, as this snippet is displayed in Google search results. Make sure it’s inviting and irresistible so people click your listing once they see it. Otherwise Google might drop it as non-relevant to the search results, which will affect your traffic and SEO. Let me know if you’d need help writing irresistible, well converting Google snippets for your websit....

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes