Page Speed Help!

Solved
ccjoejoe1
Excursionist
31 0 7

Hello, I have been doing multiple speed tests for my website from different providers and they all seem to give different results. 

Some say that I have an 'ok' score while the main one from google is giving me a 20/100 and saying that some stuff takes over 10 seconds to load. 

It has said I should remove unused java script, render-blocking resources, and defer offscreen images. 

I want to do this but I don't know how to. And I don't really trust these kind of services on fiverr. 

I would appreciate any feedback on what to do since if these google stats are correct, I am probably losing out on a lot of sales due to the slow speed of my site. 

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1195 106 290

This is an accepted solution.

Different tools have different engines and grading mechanisms, and Google PSI will always give a low score for an active Shopify site with 3rd party apps (it's not bad, it's just not a good tool for optimizing Shopify themes).

Out of the recommendations you shared, the defer offscreen images is the most important. It's also called Lazy Loading, here's a guide to implement that and fix that warning: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-lazy-loading.

If you want your site optimized for you, my team of Shopify optimization experts can handle it: speedboostr.com.

If you want to spend the time to learn / optimize instead, here's how you do that:

1) Run your site through the Shopify Analyzer, it's a free analysis tool specific to Shopify that my team built for the Shopify community.

2) Use this free guide to optimize most of what you can on a Shopify site: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-optimization.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).