'PayPal checkout for this store is currently experiencing problems' error message

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone,

When we try and buy a product from our website designiddecor.com via PayPal, I'm constantly receiving the error message 'PayPal checkout for this store is currently experiencing problems. Please try another payment method.'

The website isn't published yet so you may not be able to see this yourself however, why is this error message occuring. 

Many thanks,

Nassim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1053 61 204

Hey, @DID

When testing Paypal, are you using the theme customizer, or are you viewing the website as a customer? The reason I ask is that if you're testing this from within the theme customizer, it will generate an error as the theme customizer is not designed to accept test payments. Also, when testing Paypal, it is crucial to use a different Paypal account than the one found in Settings/Payment Providers as Paypal does not allow you to purchase from the same account the funds would be deposited into. 

If you are testing this through your website, and you're not using the same account to pay for the order, then I would recommend reaching out to Paypal Support as they would be able to ensure your account is set up correctly to process transactions. 

Let me know how that turns out!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes