Payments on hold for 4 weeks

Solved
KatherineN
Tourist
3 0 1

Does anyone know how to resolve the issue of payments or payouts by Shopify being put on hold? We are shocked by the lack of information provided by Shopify and no interest in defining a path to resolve this. We are a charity and really suffer when we have no access to our funds.

0 Likes
Eunice
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
186 32 28

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @KatherineN 

Eunice here from the Shopify team, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear about this, hopefully, we can get this resolved soon. If you've received an email regarding your Shopify Payments being on hold please respond directly to the email for support. If you haven't, we’ll need to access your account in order to investigate. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the helpdesk and log in to your account to create a support request. I recommend selecting the chat option for the fastest support.

a1a8a-376v9

Since this is the next step I’ve marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. 

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
KatherineN
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Eunice,

Yes, those are the steps we followed some weeks ago. So far that has not resulted in any solution. What else should we be doing? 4 weeks is a long time and the funds are stacking up. This is causing us real problems.

0 Likes
KatherineN
Tourist
3 0 1

Unfortunately this is not a solution.

Eunice
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
186 32 28

I'm sorry to hear this and I understand the difficult situation you are in, especially being a charity.

We're not able to look at your store or any support tickets that are open via this channel. The fastest way to get account-specific support for an update on this situation would be to connect with a Shopify Advisor via the Help Center.  

If you haven't already I recommend asking why your payouts are on hold, and what you need to do to get the hold lifted.

I hope this is resolved soon, take care.

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
blitzkris
5 0 0

This is crazy! We've been operating for a year now and all of a sudden we get blocked now customers can't buy anything. Poor move Shopify. It's not only convoluted to get help or find where to reach an actual person but they can't do anything anyway. They can only resend the email with advise on what you need to do. We've already verified our existence and now we need to do the same again? Silly and hurts your paying customers Shopify. This makes me heavily consider moving to someone else.

0 Likes