People are adding products to cart, but not checking out. How do I make would-be sales come true?

memelordmartin
Excursionist
36 0 3

https://martinsmemeshop.com/

Replays show that I'm getting customers to add items to cart, at what would be a close-to-average conversion rate (1.4%), but the would-be buyers don't go any further. Most of them don't even view their carts. I have trust badges and free shipping to my target region, what's missing that could get these people to convert?

0 Likes
Johnny_pro
Trailblazer
143 9 35

Hello @memelordmartin How are you doing?

I am Johnson, a professional digital marketer, shopify developer and manager with over 4 years of experience.

With all your issues well noted, I understand what it means when you don't have conversion in your store and with my assessment of your store, I can see that all what you need is sales funnel to retain and retarget your potential buyers who add to their carts with checking out.

Sales funnel is the marketing strategy used to convert traffic into loyal and buying returning customers with series of engaging marketing activities.

Are you ready to implement this? Contact me.

0 Likes

Dear @memelordmartin 

1. Do remarketing and e-mail marketing

2. Check checkout process

3. Check payment options

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2455 142 445

Hello @memelordmartin, here are some tips to get sales to your store:

• Run paid ads targeting the right audience.
  • For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. 
  • Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. 
  • Automate your store as much as you can.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @memelordmartin, I'm Richard- CRO expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder. I would give some feedback from my viewpoint to improve your store design as follow:

1. Homepage

- First, linking the Free shipping bar to the product page seems not to be appropriate, it should be a text.

- Second, you can consider making the heading- menu bar sticky so that customers can easily navigate to where they want to.

- Third, the big cover image should be a taken picture, not a design one like this. Plus, the white shirt coincides with the background color as well, which looks unbalanced and unprofessional

RichardNguyen_0-1611411634432.png

- On the Homepage, you should not display more than 4 products, save it for the product page instead.

RichardNguyen_1-1611413898003.png

- I was a bit confused with this section. Instead of showing these pictures, you can make the About us section here. 

RichardNguyen_2-1611414386567.png

2. Product page

- Make the Product Description section short, try bullet points and a table that helps customers easy to scan. You can create buttons or links to open the size guide.

- Also remember to provide the shipping and return policy here to increase customers' trust.

RichardNguyen_3-1611414484253.png

Apart from that, I think you did a great job on the remaining pages. Just keep going!

You can find some PageFly pre-made templates that have a high conversion rate for your page here.

If you find my feedbacks helpful, please like and mark it as solution.

Thank you!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Group | Youtube.
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
0 Likes
Arunesh
Explorer
74 6 28

Hey @memelordmartin 

I went through your website and it's really a nice idea. I'm sure, your site will be a hit soon. 

If people are adding to the cart but are not checking out, then there's something that is holding them back from checking out.

1. I think you should add more product photos. (Closer looks)
  2. Try to retain your customers by giving special discounts/offers to them.
  3. Give them discount codes when they add products to the cart and ask them to redeem the codes in a certain time period else the validity of the coupon will expire.
  4. Try contacting social media influencers to promote your products.
  5. Make sure your ads are reaching the right audience.

We at Descrii, help startups like yours in their early stage and help them grow.

We generate Compelling Product Descriptions, generate Facebook Ad Copies, generate Google Search Ads, generate Instagram Captions, Brainstorm Growth Ideas. 

You get all these in one single place saving you a lot of valuable time. The time which you can invest in expanding your business. We will be more than happy to help you out with your queries. Kindly contact us if you need further assistance.

Well wishes!

Arunesh Kumar

Marketing Officer, Descrii 

Visit Our Website-  https://descrii.tech/

Find us on Shopify store-  https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions

Contact-  hello@descrii.tech

Descrii Description Generator
Regards and Well Wishes!
Kindly leave a Like if it helped you in any way.
0 Likes
memelordmartin
Excursionist
36 0 3

@RichardNguyen 

Appreciate the input. Can you please elaborate on what you mean when you say to make the menu bar "sticky?" Do I need to increase the size of the tiles?

0 Likes
memelordmartin
Excursionist
36 0 3

Hi @Arunesh 

That app sounds like something I may want. I am, for the most part, confident in my copywriting ability. Is there a way I can get the app to only do the features of Targeted marketing, time-limited discount codes, and other tools to entice would-be buyers?

0 Likes