People clicking on ads and coming to site but not buying?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I just launched my ads on facebook and they are both targeting the right groups. I have two to test out the best intrest groups. Its been about 15 hours and I understand that it will probably take long, but people aren't even adding the product to their shopping cart. Right now I have a total of 25 people that has visited my site and they were intrested in my product on my ad but they wont add to their shopping cart and buy.

Do you have any advice for this problem?

Please review my site and give feedback. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 46

Hi, Ethan. 

Morgan here from the Social Media team at Shopify. 

Thanks for posting to the forums for some feedback on your shop. I completely understand the anticipation when you put out ads hoping to see some traction! There's a few things I noticed in your store that could be addressed to help you in the long run with your shops direction. 

First thing I wanted to point out is product pricing. Sometimes when everything is on sale, or prices are extremely low customers may associate that with low quality or not exactly as advertised products. I recommend increasing a few of your prices and removing every product from being on sale. This doesn't mean you can't provide deals, but instead of discounting everything automatically you could do one of two things: 

1. Increase the prices and then offer a 20-30% off discount code on your site or in your ads. This builds more value as customers think they are getting a more expensive product for cheaper, rather than just purchasing an inexpensive product. 

2. Second option would be featuring one or two products that are on sale. Maybe doing a spotlight or product feature with some extra content showcasing these items! 

The next thing I would consider is the number of products you offer. It's good to focus on a niche, but also important to offer enough products for your shoppers to have choices and options. Although your niche is thought out, the products can still seem a bit scattered. Rather than offering one option for every type of product that remind you of basketball, I would focus on one area of basketball to be an expert in. For example. Focusing on protective wear, and offering different tiers of protection, styles, and quality/price. 

Doing this would make you seem more credible/the expert in that field. When you offer a large selection of one item it's more likely your customers will find what they are looking for, as everyone is different and one item might not work for everyone.

I hope some of these ideas are helpful and give you some things to consider! Let me know if you make any of those changes and how they worked for you. 

Always here to lend a hand, 

Morgan 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi Ethan,

Morgan has excellent points and I agree on growing your merchandise - you have only few items for sale. Make sure to have wider selection of each product - the more items you have the bigger your chance of a sale. But keep within your niche and buid your branding at the same time.

Consider also adding trust signals - such as About us page, Contact us page, Shipping & Returns policy. These are often the first bits of info people are looking for before making a purchase. 

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you guys for your feedback! Much appericated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
156 3 24

Hi Ethan,

It might be that you're not advertising enough or not doing that correctly. I think generating relevant traffic is the number ONE problem of every new Ecommerce store.

You might want to try AdScale to help you with your advertising campaigns. It's a Shopify app that automatically creates and manage advertising campaigns for your store, using advanced AI technology.

What's unique about this app is that it use insights from milions of active campaigns in order to create a very accurate audience targeting that is tailored to your store and products.

You can learn more about it in this link: ecom.adscale.com

Hope it helps!

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
0 Likes