People enticed by ads displaying products are coming to site, but not buying. What's stopping them?

Solved
memelordmartin
Excursionist
41 0 3

https://martinsmemeshop.com/

Like the title said, I'm getting click-throughs on ads displaying my products precisely how they appear in my store, but these visitors aren't completing purchases. Does my site somehow not look trustworthy? If so, what can I do to improve that?

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
789 98 252

Hey @memelordmartin,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).

Two things stick out to me immediately (from a customers perspective)

1. Your price
2. Shipping time

First price, I completely understand why you've priced your apparel as you have, POD tshirts and hoodies can be quite expensive. We did a video on a POD strategy that I'd recommend checking out:

As for shipping time, you don't have anything displayed at checkout and this is going to cost you conversions. You might think longer shipping times would turn people off - and maybe it will for some, but long-term, you want happy customers and it's better to just say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.

martin-meme-product.png

I'd like to help you with your store more so I'd like to invite you to join a free training we have coming up. We cover everything your store is struggling with: high traffic with no sales, spending on Ads with no return and visitors abandoning cart. We will help you develop a profitable ad strategy and learn how to generate free traffic, transform your Shopify store into a professional. trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and help you find winning products that people can’t wait to buy. Our free private Facebook training is happening on April 26 – 30, we will be going live every day at 1:00PM (EST). You can sign up here. Really hope you join us!

0 Likes
memelordmartin
Excursionist
41 0 3

Hi @EcomGeeks ,

Thanks for the reply. What precisely are you saying I should do with PoD t-shirts by sharing that video? To drastically lower the prices and only use them to try to upsell more niche pieces?

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
789 98 252

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @memelordmartin,

I'd recommend looking into alternative products to print on that would give you better profit margins. Hoodies and tshirts tend to be pretty costly and then adding shipping costs on top of that - it doesn't leave much for you. Your only choice is to price your product higher but then you run the risk of being priced too high to the point where you aren't getting sales.

Something you might consider is greeting cards - birthday, congratulations. Make it so a person can type a personalized message and send a meme card to their friend. Or maybe you sell stickers. I would experiment and see what your audience responds best to.

When searching, compare Gooten, Printify and Printful for the best price so that you can offer your audience a great price and still be able to make a decent profit as well.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
memelordmartin
Excursionist
41 0 3

That does help. I will experiment with other items.

As for the shipping, I was able to add a link to shipping policy on the checkout page, but it doesn't look like I can add a time to the rate itself. Is that what you were suggesting, simply adding a link to the shipping policy in that step of checkout?

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
789 98 252

@memelordmartin,

Glad to hear!

As for shipping, go here:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/setting-up-and-managing-your-shipping/shipping-speeds

Scroll down to where it says "Add a shipping speed to an existing shipping rate" and that will tell you how to do it,

I would advise against linking to a shipping policy and instead just have the information clearly stated right at checkout.

0 Likes

Hi @memelordmartin ,

What audience you are targeting too? Have you added some specific filters like lookalikes or retargeting audiences?If you are generally advertising to any people basis on only on the country, you might be setting up things terribly wrong.

The card abandoned rates for any e-commerce store are generally upto 65% percent. Most of this people could be converted if they are reminded of there carts in advertisements. Try to create re-targeting campaigns to show people ads of products which they have left abandoned in there carts.

If you have enough of purchasers data, create lookalike audience of it to find people which might be interested in purchasing your store. This technique is called prospecting campaigns. Fb AI find very precised audience and promotes to people who will genuinely be interested in purchasing your products.

]Try targeting lookalike of your past purchasers, this way you optimize campaign to find people with closest resemblance to people most likely to convert on your store. If you have significant abandoned cart, try retargeting campaigns. Most of sales for our clients comes in with this campaign. Try running prospecting campaigns for initial 30-45 days and once you have enough conversion start retargeting

Use this campaigns, we have seen our clients getting significant part of their sales by following below strategies:

• Cart abandoned campaigns - Show ads to people who have left cart abandoned on your store
  • Best Seller Campaigns - Show people who visited your store in the last 30 days, a carousel ad of the best seller in your store. The data is refreshed on daily basis.
  • Discounts/Sales Campaigns - Give discount coupons to your existing customers who might be interested in a product
  • Prospecting Campaigns - Find new audience which are similar to people who have visited or purchased from your store.
  • Social Media Base Campaigns- Target audience who engaged with your social media posts/ads.
  • Cross-sell /Upsell Campaigns- Cross sell or upsell products to audience who have already made a purchase from your store

You can also try this app Addyz. Its an ad automation and optimisation platform. It comes with predefined campaign strategies for full funnel audience targeting. This can make a significant difference in your advertising and improve your conversion rates, even with a low ad spend.

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase ad efficiency and boost sales
0 Likes