I just had a look at your website. I have noticed a few minor things that you might consider taking.
Work on UX: Your vsitors visits only homepage and decide to exit it, because they don't find it intriguing to stay on it. So it increases bounce rate of homepage. Bounce rate can decrease if you provide a better overall user Experience. Scattered information or too much distractions can create a bad user experience which is the number one reason for high bounce rate and low conversions.
Homepage Design: Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided. You can add ‘offers & discount banners’ on the homepage to engage users.
Work on the website speed. Your google page speed score is only 59. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.
Featured Images: The featured image captures the first attention of the user. Use interesting taglines on banner images to captivate user attention.
Menu-Fonts: Ensure text is user-visible while web fonts are loading. Choose a font that is easier to read even from further away.
I hope you like it!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
It seems that your store sell 1 products only and you have displayed everything on the Homepage, which is also your landing page, am I right? :) So I could understand why the visitors don't go further.
I have a few ideas jotted down here, hope that they can be useful:
1. Have 1 primary CTA, which is "Shop now" and make it clear and prominent. You have several CTAs: Shop now, Discover now, View all features, View details... which can be confusing to visitors. Keep 1 CTAs as primary and have 1-2 secondary CTAs to support it.
2. You promise the bottle keeps water hold or cold for 24 hours => so use this number in your banner
3. Make your text easy to scan as your visitors won't read, they glance and scan. I'd suggest you move Product highlights to the 1st column and the Product Description to the 3rd columns. People usually read from left to right, from top to bottom, so make sure that you are displaying your most important information first :)
4. Use bolder color for the buttons: many buttons on your home page are blending with the background color, which doesn't draw me to click. You can choose current hovering color for the normal state of the button and the lighter color when people hover.
They are just some of my comments. I've gotta leave now. But if you have more questions on other pages type, you can leave your question is this topic, I'll be sure to answer :)
Customize your header and footer with specific functionalities. Your header should offer a smart toggle search bar where people can type in the products they’re looking for as well as go for sticky header.
Also, create a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator.
Home Page --
A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add prompt CTA buttons with a hero banner that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Check this demo store for more idea: https://mssignature.myshopify.com/
Your Unique value proposition should be highlighted on your homepage. Add testimonial carousels, announcement bars, product slideshows and make your homepage SEO friendly to increase your site traffic and conversions.
Hey Thermal Bottle Co,
"Site abandonment" has really become a major issue these days leading to loss of sales and visitor trust. This is considerably due to the fact that many ecommerce stores are not presented in a well professional manner bringing about a negative impression in the visitor's mind. To get rid of this issue, you need to optimize your store in the following manner:
Really wishing that the visitors cross the homepage and view the product page giving you lots of views and sales.
I see that you have received some great feedback regarding the site itself. In my opinion, the core issue is laying in the way the site is promoted and the traffic is driven.
The site itself is great and the homepage gives a lot of information about the product and its features. The CTAs are there.
The thing is that not every single person needs a bottle that holds heat or cold, especially now that we are all staying home, and we can always make a fresh cup of coffee or grab something from the fridge. The thermal bottle will come in handy to people who travel a lot, for example the hikers. I love hiking myself and from that point of view I can guarantee I would love to have something like that in my bag.
As a solution I recommend two things:
1) You can start a referral program on your site. That way if a person likes your product, he/she can suggest it to some of the friends and get discounts for that. The trick is that we tend to trust things that were referred to us by someone we know in person. So chances are one customer will at least bring another one along:)
You can use Growave for that. We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available also, we are offering an extended trial on the COVID-19 period.
2) You can partner up with a company that sells a complimentary item. So they are not your competitors but you have the same target audience. You two can feature one another's products on the site or even make a partnered giveaway.
I have recently read case study of how one company on Shopify (I think) run a short term campaign and increased sales and the customer base drastically.
Please let me know if you are interested, I will try to find that article.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
I was attacked with multiple popups right when I landed on the site. This made me feel a little spammed and made me want to leave the site (only honest feedback here 🙂).
I would consider A/B testing no popups (or 1 delayed popup) vs your current popup situation and see how that changes engagement and time on page (2 key factors for SEO and conversion rate).
If you need help setting up tests let me know.
Hey @Thermal2, Your store looks really great.
I would recommend you to add a loyalty reward program and web push notification. You can engage your customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notification, leaving a review, visiting a store. In this way, the number of push subscribers will increase, reviews will increase, newsletter subscribers will increase. You can send push notification to your customers in real-time which will help you to bring back visitors to your store and will help in winning back the losing customers.
Have you tried the integration of web push notification with the loyalty reward program?
To implement this you can install AiTrillion.com. It is a fully integrated app and with automation, you can track each and every activity of your customers and send push notification in real-time which will result in sales. It is an all in one Shopify app. You can check it out.
|2 hours ago|