PetsyPawsy.com review

Solved
Pawsy
Tourist
3 0 2

I opened my store PetsyPawsy.com and I have had minimal sales. I have ran ads. Promoted and working Instagram presence and nothing. No sales. Analytics show traffic, but the shopping ceases during checkout. I would love any feedback on shopping experience, specifically pricing and your cart review experience. Any other feedback is 100% welcomed. I am new in e-comm and I only want to improve my store and grow to have more community impact for pets. 

Thank you all in advance for your feedback and advice! It’s so appreciated!

Petsy Pawsy 

Hello,

I just had look into your website.

-> You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
-> Show reviews on product page. 
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
Why not add a blog to your store?
-> Blog can be utilized for anything that includes conveying or distributing data on the World Wide Web. So I advise you to place your blog in your store, And your store looking Awesome.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
Pawsy
Tourist
3 0 2
Thank you so much for your feedback! I will be absolutely making some of these updates. Thank you again. Best of luck to you!!

Petsy Pawsy
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 329

Hey @Pawsy,

Congratulations on your launch! Sorry to hear it wasn't what you had hoped but don't loose heart, I think there is a lot of potential here. I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.

First, your video banner (very nice by the way) is cut off when viewed on desktop (mobile is fine). You will either need your theme edited so that the whole height of the video shows, or look at having the video itself edited so that the text fits well across all devices.

pawsy-1.png

Under "Just for You" I'd recommend either showing products other than just collars or I would swap that out for your product collections with a an image to represent each ie. Collars, Toys, Etc. Your dog toys are super cute, definitely show those off on the homepage!

screencapture-petsypawsy-2021-03-10-13_42_07.png

Next, there are a few color tweaks that are needed throughout the store so that the text is more readable. The peachy-beige background with the white text on top ie. "New Harness Collection" and the filters ie. "Dogs" are both hard to read. You can darken it slightly to improve the readability while still matching your logo/branding.

pawsy-2.png

On your product pages, I'd make that add to cart button stand out by adding a colored button background:

pawsy-product.png

Your "don't forget to add" popup at checkout isn't showing up properly:

pawsy-pop.png

Requiring a person accept the terms of use at checkout, I'm not sure why this is there but I would remove it if possible. It isn't linked to a terms of use page so the person cannot know what they are agreeing to, unless they abandon checkout to go look for it, but I'm sure that's not what you want them to do.

Next, I wouldn't present a login page after checkout. A person shouldn't have to create an account to checkout. If nothing else, at least give the option to check out as a guest. I would recommend removing this though. 

screencapture-petsypawsy-account-login-2021-03-10-13_48_11.png

I can see why your guests are leaving at checkout. Both the account creation page and the terms of use are barriers to checking out and you don't want to have anything in the way of a person checking out.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

PS: If you are interested in talking to us 1-1 about your store, we do offer training/coaching sessions. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com if you would like more information.

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
295 58 183

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Pawsy!  
Congrats on the store launch, even if the sales were lower than expected. Let’s see what we can do to get those sales up. As you just experienced, analytics alone don’t give you enough information to figure out what’s going on.

Let’s start on the homepage:

• Announcement: Keep it on one announcement rather than rotating. A new harness collection and new nylon collars won’t make the same impact as your free shipping. Be sure to link it.  
  • Hero video: I like that you have a video, but can you add a CTA to it as well?
  • About us: Move it to the bottom of the page or keep it in the footer. This is prime real estate on your page, and this isn’t adding value to it. 
  • I would feature some of your collections. Like maybe show the cat and dog collections. Basically, help them jump into it.
  • In general, I would evaluate how people use your homepage with a scroll heatmap (to see how far people made it on the page before losing interest) and a click heatmap (to see where they click). 
  • Newsletter subscription: PLEASE change this up. People aren’t sure if they want to buy from you, and they definitely aren’t sure if they want to get your newsletter. Add more value here. They aren’t going to care about “once-in-a-lifetime deals” but they may care about 20% off. 

Footer:

• Terms of Service and Refund policy are in both company information and customer care. I would work on getting these groups better set. Personally, I would think that Contact Us and About Us would work better under Company Information. 
  • Shipping: Spell out your shipping costs. Be direct here. If I live in the US or the UK, what can I expect to pay? You’re selling fairly small products, so it should be easy to estimate shipping or offer flat-rate shipping.
  • FAQs: I thought this would be FAQs for your products rather than your shipping details. I think that’s a missed opportunity to use your Shipping Page for shipping questions and your FAQs for things like what size of color my dog would need. 
  • Refund policy: Add your email address. You’re missing it in the first section. “You can always contact us for any return question[s] at.” It’s missing your email address.
  • Contact page: Add in your email address and a new welcome message about your turn-around times for responding to emails. 

Main navigation: 

• Watch session recordings, which capture everything that someone did your site, to see how people are moving around your store. Since you know people are making it to the cart, you should note how they are getting there. Are you linking to product pages in your ads or from your homepage? Watch to see what’s happening during the visits.
  • Check heatmaps to see which areas are getting more engaged/clicks. While I like your layout, expanding your collections rather than putting them in a drop-down may be more effective. Test it out to see what your audience thinks.
  • News is interesting to me. I think it’s more impactful than “blog,” but it’s not clear what it is. It’s not really news as much how-tos. Maybe “Guides” is more appropriate? 

Collection pages:

For reference, I’m on the dog collar collection page:

• You need to have a filter that helps sort through the products. While I like your side collection to jump to any other collection, you’re missing filters for specific collections. 
  • For example, there are 45 dog collars. Few people are going to sort through 45 collars. They need a way to filter to just the ones in the price, size, color, material, etc. that they are wanting.

Product Pages:

For reference, I’m on the Western Paisley Bandana Collar page. 

• I like that you have shipping as a tab, but again - clearly state how much to expect and reiterate your free shipping. Since you have no sales, try running a special free shipping deal on all orders to get more interest. But always include shipping details upfront rather than hidden in the checkout. Since you have a high cart abandonment rate, that may be a cause. 
  • Run a poll for people who added a product to their cart but didn’t check out. See what stopped them from checking out. 
  • Boost up the description. While the information is nice, it’s not exciting. Add some pizazz to it. I would also give an example of breeds that would use each color. It’ll make it easier for them to see it on their dog. Which is more attractive: 16-18” or Boxer? 
  • I noticed you have many collars that are similar but on different product pages. I would combine them so I can select different patterns from the same page. The bandana collar is a good example. Maybe I am going between the red and blue paisley options, and this would let me switch from the same page.

Customer Communication:

• In general, I found a lack of connection abilities. You don’t have your email address readily available and just a contact us form. It’s very possible that customers are being scared away because they don’t know who to contact in case something goes wrong. If it raises a red flag at all, you know it’s not a good thing. 
  • Offer live chat to your visitors. This will let you answer questions from your customers while they’re still on your site. You  can also use auto invites to trigger a chat invite when conditions you set are met. For example, a chat invite could go out to someone who doesn’t checkout within 90 seconds of adding a product to their cart. 

I know it sounds like a lot, but you’re on the right track! If you use visitor behavior to drive your changes, you’ll see exactly what’s stopping people from checking out. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 215 670

Hello @Pawsy, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and your branding is well done. I do also have a few suggestions to offer you:

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions. 

Screenshot - 2021-03-11T135007.908.png

- Display the collection list on the homepage. 

- Add a section of trending and new arrivals on the homepage.

Setup Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.

- Send automatic review request emails and give loyalty points for better conversion.

You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.

- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work.

These tools will help you to engage the traffic coming to your store. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Pawsy
Tourist
3 0 2

Thank you soooo much for all of your feedback. This is such great information. I'm so glad I reached out to the forum. Im going to review your notes and make some changes in my store. This means so much that you took time time provide so much meaning feedback! Thank you again!!! 

Petsy Pawsy

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 215 670

Hello @Pawsy, you're welcome. If you need help with setting up the AiTrillion features, I will be happy to help. 

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
alexdodge
1 0 0

Thank you for the post! this is truly helpful.
I had also some issues on my store. now I found solutions on this post. Again thanks.

0 Likes