I opened my store PetsyPawsy.com and I have had minimal sales. I have ran ads. Promoted and working Instagram presence and nothing. No sales. Analytics show traffic, but the shopping ceases during checkout. I would love any feedback on shopping experience, specifically pricing and your cart review experience. Any other feedback is 100% welcomed. I am new in e-comm and I only want to improve my store and grow to have more community impact for pets.
Thank you all in advance for your feedback and advice! It’s so appreciated!
Solved! Go to the solution
I just had look into your website.
-> You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
-> Show reviews on product page.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
Why not add a blog to your store?
-> Blog can be utilized for anything that includes conveying or distributing data on the World Wide Web. So I advise you to place your blog in your store, And your store looking Awesome.
Congratulations on your launch! Sorry to hear it wasn't what you had hoped but don't loose heart, I think there is a lot of potential here. I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.
First, your video banner (very nice by the way) is cut off when viewed on desktop (mobile is fine). You will either need your theme edited so that the whole height of the video shows, or look at having the video itself edited so that the text fits well across all devices.
Under "Just for You" I'd recommend either showing products other than just collars or I would swap that out for your product collections with a an image to represent each ie. Collars, Toys, Etc. Your dog toys are super cute, definitely show those off on the homepage!
Next, there are a few color tweaks that are needed throughout the store so that the text is more readable. The peachy-beige background with the white text on top ie. "New Harness Collection" and the filters ie. "Dogs" are both hard to read. You can darken it slightly to improve the readability while still matching your logo/branding.
On your product pages, I'd make that add to cart button stand out by adding a colored button background:
Your "don't forget to add" popup at checkout isn't showing up properly:
Next, I wouldn't present a login page after checkout. A person shouldn't have to create an account to checkout. If nothing else, at least give the option to check out as a guest. I would recommend removing this though.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
PS: If you are interested in talking to us 1-1 about your store, we do offer training/coaching sessions. You can email us at email@example.com if you would like more information.
Best of luck!
This is an accepted solution.
Hey there, @Pawsy!
Congrats on the store launch, even if the sales were lower than expected. Let’s see what we can do to get those sales up. As you just experienced, analytics alone don’t give you enough information to figure out what’s going on.
Let’s start on the homepage:
For reference, I’m on the dog collar collection page:
For reference, I’m on the Western Paisley Bandana Collar page.
I know it sounds like a lot, but you’re on the right track! If you use visitor behavior to drive your changes, you’ll see exactly what’s stopping people from checking out. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps! Good luck!
Cheers - Danny
Hello @Pawsy, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and your branding is well done. I do also have a few suggestions to offer you:
- The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.
- Display the collection list on the homepage.
- Add a section of trending and new arrivals on the homepage.
- Setup Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.
- Send automatic review request emails and give loyalty points for better conversion.
- You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.
Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.
- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work.
These tools will help you to engage the traffic coming to your store. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
Thank you soooo much for all of your feedback. This is such great information. I'm so glad I reached out to the forum. Im going to review your notes and make some changes in my store. This means so much that you took time time provide so much meaning feedback! Thank you again!!!
Hello @Pawsy, you're welcome. If you need help with setting up the AiTrillion features, I will be happy to help.