Pittstop Golf Reviews and Suggestions

Pittstop_Golf
2 0 0

Hey guys!

We've recently undergone an expansion at Pittstop Golf and we're continuing to grow which is exciting for us as the hard work is coming to fruition.

We'd love some feedback from you on the site - anything we can improve on or anything you in particular like!

Hope everyone is keeping happy and healthy

Henry + Jack @ Pittstop Golf

www.Pittstopgolfshop.co.uk

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2714 153 503

Hello @Pittstop_Golf, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and here are few suggestions that you can take into consideration and work on:

- Add categories in the header menu.

- On the product page, you should add this section below the price. Also, add the 'Buy now' button. 

Screenshot - 2021-03-01T115153.888.png

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps to increase the company's credibility.

- To collect more reviews you can send automatic review request emails and give loyalty points for better conversion.

- Add web push notifications, it can be delivered to your customer’s device, mobile or desktop, even when he is not on your website. It can be used in retargeting with push notifications including browse abandonment, retargeting users abandoning the shopping cart, activating dormant users with offers, retaining users with personalized content, and more.

- Add a discount popup.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @Pittstop_Golf 

Hey there! Great job on continuing to put efforts and seeking feedback. You’ve created a great store with an interesting niche. Here are a few suggestions I have for you

Home Page

1. On visiting your site for the first time, I see a Sign-up pop-up without even seeing the site. As a first time visitor before seeing what you are selling, why should I sign-up? - Considering pop up after the user has shown intrest in your page and has viewed the product. Also, try giving something, eg "Sign-up and get free shipping" or a discount etc
  2. Pitstop Golf logo is taking up considerable real estate in the header of the page, try decreasing the size of logo as it doesn't add any value to customer. Also, other header elements (Home, Our shop etc.) are too small in size, 
  3. Have a CTA that says "Shop Now" on the hero image. As a customer I have to navigate through your header/ or scroll further down to actually visit the product page. As a rule of thumb, from landing page to products page should be one-click.  
  4. In the header I need to click on the drop down on "Our Shop" to find out the items you are selling. Frankly thats too much effort for a customer. Do add the menu items in the header itself.

Products page 

1. Do consider showing all the products at once. Not always people know what they want to buy. Try a "View all products" button.
  2. One crucial change you should consider is changing "Add to Cart" --> "Buy Now". From landing on your site to clicking buy is taking takes a lot of clicks.
  3. Consider adding product badges like "Best-Seller", "Few Left" or "Sale". Research suggests that these badges helps cutomer make decision making faster, easier and increases conversion.
    Use Mode Magic to do this. Its free to install and you get 10 free credits to start with. It has a few forever free badges which you can start using right away!

Hoping the points would help you in improving your store

Feel free to reach out to me in case you have any concerns, happy to help.

Saurabh K | Shopify Growth Expert @getmodemagic.com

- Was my reply helpful? Please give it a "Like" to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
0 Likes

Hey Henry & Jack (@Pittstop_Golf),

Congratulations on your expansion and getting online! I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.

golf-home.png

First off, I noticed a lot of things vying for my attention upon landing. I had a pop up, and then a wheel popped out and I have the invitation to spin in the bottom right-hand corner. When you are contemplating adding these things to your website, think of it like a map. When the person first lands we don't want to present them with several moving, bright colored things that say "do this! click this! spin this! see this!" Instead you want to think, okay, what are my top three priorities for this visit? For example, it might be: 1. Make a sale 2. Get a newsletter sign up 3. Have them follow me on social media. Filter every app options through the filter of - does it achieve one of these goals or does it distract from one of these goals. Then the next step is presenting them strategically at the right time on the right page.

golf-banner.png

On your homepage, I like that you have the invitation for the visitor to find out what they need. I would recommend changing the text from "Self-Consultation" to say something along the lines of "Want to add distance? Straighter shots? Let us help you find the right tools!" and then have your call to action. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. I think you've done a good job of this on your self-consultation page, I'd just recommend bringing that to your banner as well. This point leads me into my next suggestion which is..

Your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO: 

My last recommendation is to work on the options in your navigation menu. As a first time visitor, I find it hard to find my way around. "Express Delivery", "Best Sellers" and "Novelty Gifts" could include a variety of products and don't really help me find what I'm looking for if I have a specific product in mind, so I'd recommend changing the wording.

golf-nav.png

As an aside, you have an even amount of whitespace on both sides of your content but at the top where you have the search bar to the right and navigation to the left, they are both pushed over to the side and it looks a little off. We do offer store tweaks so if this is something you'd like us to fix, you can reach out to us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com. This is what we would do:

golf-tweak.png

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

FREE TRAINING FOR SHOPIFY DROPSHIPPERS
High traffic with little to no sales? Can’t figure out why visitors are abandoning cart? Don’t know what it is you are doing wrong? We can help! Free private Facebook training April 26 – 30, live every day at 1:00PM (EST). Click to sign up.
0 Likes