Pittstop Golf Reviews and Suggestions

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi shopify community, we are brand new to everything and finding so much out along the way, there has already been many hurdles but we're coping..

We would absolutely love everyone on this forums opinions' on our published store, any help or suggestions would be massively appreciated.

We are a golf accessory, training aid and recovery store to help people improve their golf game, unfortunately, the current crisis hasn't helped but safety is paramount!

Stay safe out there, thanks again.

Pittstop Golf 

https://www.pittstopgolfshop.co.uk/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
630 58 158

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Pittstop_Golf,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your store with us! I'd be happy to take a look and offer some feedback.

First of all, I like the general theme and look of your storefront—your logo is great, the colours work well together, and you've laid out your homepage nicely. One thing I feel is missing from the homepage though is some text among the attractive images that you have, which could serve as an introduction to your website. I can see when I arrive on the website you sell golf-related products, but it's not immediately clear beyond that what you sell. You mentioned in your post here that your store serves to help golfers improve their game, but that isn't as obvious when you first arrive at the site. I would recommend adding a text box into the homepage, potentially below the main image and your collections, that includes just a few sentences welcoming customers to your storefront and explaining in brief what it is you sell. You should use this as an opportunity to entice customers to browse your products and let them know what they can find on the store.

There are a few minor aesthetic changes I would recommend making. First, the text on top of your collections on the homepage blends in too well with the images you're using, making them tough to read:

20-11-7xe5c-w20p5

I would recommend choosing a different text colour that contrasts better with the white used in these images.

Secondly, whilst I like that you have added a favicon, I don't think it looks particularly great with the white background and the text being difficult to read when it's that small. I'd recommend replacing it with an amended version, which cuts out the text and the background. I've gone ahead and removed the background and cropped the image for you, which you can add as your favicon if you wish and see how it looks:

Webp.net-resizeimage (8).png

(If there is still a white background when you download the image, let me know and I can provide further assistance if need be).

A few other suggestions I have are:

• Your contact page is great, but I feel like it'd be worth adding an email address to this page so customers can email you directly rather than filling in the form on the page if they prefer. I know personally if I am contacting a business over email, I'd rather do so through my email client rather than submitting it through a form on the website. Giving customers both options is generally better.
  • I would recommend adding an FAQs page to the store, which is a great way to deliver clear and concise information to customers. If a customer has a question that they can't get an answer to on the site, you're then relying on them to reach out to you directly if they need this question answered before they place an order, which many potential customers may not do. Answering brief questions around refunds, shipping times, shipping costs, and other questions you feel may be asked is a great way to increase your chances of conversions. We've a great blog post on this topic: The FAQ Page: Why You Need It, How to Build One, and 10 Great Examples.
  • A real gamechanger in terms of bolstering your brand is how you display your products. Now, from looking at your store, I would wager that the products you sell are dropshipped—this is fine, but I do think your store could benefit from consistency in terms of how your products are displayed. For example, whereas this product shows the product against a white background, this one is shown in a very different manner against a grey background a with the item being in use. This makes everything look a bit sloppy and muddled. My recommendation would be to ask the supplier for better images, if possible, and/ or to get hold of some of the products yourself to take your own product photos. Having good product images makes a huge difference, and whilst it is more difficult when the products you sell are dropshipped, it's something I would suggest thinking about when trying to improve the professional look of your store.

I hope these suggestions help, but please let me know if you've further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Excursionist
34 1 12

Hey @Pittstop_Golf, I hope you are doing fine!

Congratulations on your store!

Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little organized and descriptive it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example. 

In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales. 

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps you achieve your goals. 

Good luck with the store.

Have a nice day!

Highlighted

Hi @Pittstop_Golf 

This is PageFly

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store.  It's a pretty website. I would love to share my recommendations for your store. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. I hope this can help you.

1. Make more highlighted a sticky header 

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

PageFly_0-1605741516840.png

When I visit your website and scroll down, the header is quite faint because they have the same color with your page.  It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.

PageFly_1-1605741516876.gif

One more thing, I think the logo makes your header too big. Can we adjust or move it  to make it smaller. The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. 

2. You should improve your hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first.  

PageFly_2-1605741516908.png

This picture is the first sight customers see your site. I suggest that you should use a Slideshow here that can show more about your products.

3. Classify principal and secondary Call-to-action (CTA) button on your Home page

One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they mostly want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate. 

I found that you have a few CTA buttons now but they have many styles. 

PageFly_8-1605741657612.png

PageFly_9-1605741657609.png

PageFly_10-1605741657606.png

You should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted in your page.

PageFly_6-1605741516831.png

We also can add more CTA buttons in your collection list (“View more" or “More detail" buttons) and below your product list (You can add “Buy Now"/”Shop Now" buttons).

4. Highlight the text

It’ll be better if you adjust the text which overlaid the picture in your collection list. I think it’s hard to scan and read. You should use another color or make your background picture a bit transparent.

PageFly_7-1605741516861.png

5. Have Direct Links to “Return Policy” and “Shipping Info” in the Footer

Last but not least, you should display or link to an easy-to-read Return Policy or Delivery Policy information in your footer area. Because customers are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it online is one of the reasons many users sometimes exercise extreme due careful, closely inspecting images and reviews before buying. One of major factors for decreasing purchasing anxiety and reducing the consequences of purchasing the wrong product is by having liberal return policies.

In detail of shipping policy, I suggest that you should use ‘Delivery Date’ Instead of ‘Delivery Speed’. The customer won’t be worried about it containing the weekend or buying day. These tips will incentivize customers to make purchasing decisions.

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here : Personalize Your Homepage.

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly  is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages. 

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. Here is our new article about how to use a page builder app like PageFly to have a high converting website on Holiday Season. You can take a look if you’re interested.

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Use the Christmas template to skyrocket your sales.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
772 17 220

Hi @Pittstop_Golf !

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1493 75 254

Hello @Pittstop_Golf, I hope you are doing good! your store has a nice collection. Here are some suggestions:

- Viewport is too small. You need to fix it.

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Display testimonials, reviews on the homepage.

Some marketing tools that you need to add to your store which will help you to increase the conversion rate & retention rate:

You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, following or sharing on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically. Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term. 

- Setup web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes