(Please) Constructive Criticism -> Goal Optimize Conversions

Highlighted
3 0 0
WOW. I'm so excited. I was Googling "how to increase conversion rates" and found this awesome community.

My site is Cakesofeden.com.

I'm driving lots of traffic to these two funnels:
http://popndip.cakesofeden.com
AND
http://omg.cakesofeden.com

I'm getting about 500-800 sessions a day with spikes up to 1000 but only a 0.69% sales conversion rate.
I know the demand is there b/c I'm crushing it on Amazon.
I welcome all constructive criticism. What do you recommend I split test?
FYI: here is some Google Analytics data:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zb8cCvTKef8rYfAXMu-jCA-AKcdfRY_i/view?usp=sharing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

https://cakesofeden.com/pages/i-heart-cake-pops - 15% off on add to cart button and price goes up from $25.xx to $29.xx? I was expecting reduction.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Where do you expect to see the coupon applied. On what page? The cart?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

I see cart now and it shows fine.. I see coupon/discount code applied so I guess it should be fine now.. People clicked on it to see 15% off and now it shows.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1053 53 157

@cakesofeden,

Wonderful store! Got cravings already! Here are a few things that need to add and improve:-

1. Your website loading speed is too low. You need to check on it. Have you installed multiple apps? Check that the images are optimized or not!

2. Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when they are not on your store and without getting their email address. It will also reduce the abandoned cart rate.

3. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

4. Add quick links in the footer menu which includes shipping policy, privacy policy, refund policies.

5. Display recommended products after featured products on the homepage.

6. Add FAQ. Display testimonials on the homepage.

You should maximize engagement on your store. If your store will be engaging and interactive then it will help you to capture visitors and convert them into customers and result in more sales.

If you would like to implement all these features to maximize engagement and conversions on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Yes, thank you for the advice. I added an app which shows the coupon amount
on the Cart page.
Let's see if it helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1755 111 382

Hey Cakes Of Eden,

The search landing page is disabled. The correct order of arrangement of elements in the main menu is as follows: Home, Shop, User Guide, Blogs, Recipes, About and Support. "Videos" and "Login" should be included in the footer instead of the main menu in the header. Some other suggestions of mine for store optimization are as follows:

1. "New Arrivals" are a must in the main menu to keep customers informed regarding the latest store trends and designs.
  2. The header template should highlight "Amazing Discounts" as well apart from Free Shipping offers.
  3. You should add Terms and Conditions and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content. 
  4. All footer links should be vertically arranged and placed to the left, newsletter to the right while, the social links should be placed below both of them.
  5. "Sale" section should also be a part of the main menu to keep all discounted items together.
  6. For instant brand promotion, testimonials are a must.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq
    free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the store starts converting visitor traffic into a lot of customer sales.

Neha :) 

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
18 0 4

Hi @cakesofeden,

After the analysis of your Shopify Store, I have came to the conclusion that you are not able to convert most of the sellers because of the Homepage of your website even though you have such great products.

Here are a few points which needs urgent attention as per my Analysis of your website.

Home Page Analysis:

• Navigation has too many categories. This makes the website look less professional and authentic. Hence, creates a negative impact on the Visitor.
  • Since you have 3 amazing Collection of products to sell you should use a maximum of 4 categories in your Navigation. My suggestion is to use 1. Shop, 2. Recipe, 3. Blog, 4. Videos. Also, you can utilise product categories in the Navigation menu. This will help sellers choose the right type of category for which they have landed on your website.
  • Add Promo Code in the Header section to make the visitor's move to your Product page.
  • Banner Images are good but all have the same context so 2 banner images are sufficient to create engagement. Also, use a CTA button on the banner image to make the visitor's take quick actions.
  • Add Pricing in the featured product section.
  • Footer is empty and needs to have Shipping Policy, Payment Policy, Return Policy, Contact us, About Us, User Guides options.

Collection Page:

• Collection Page is good. You just need to add Pricing with every product.

Product Page:

Checkout Page Analysis:

• There is a major issue as the Navigation is showcasing on the checkout page which is a major error.Screenshot.png

I hope this information is helpful for you. If you need any more help feel free to ping me.

Best regards,

Email: saquibkhan@cedcommerce.com
Visit us at: https://experts.shopify.com/cedcommerce
0 Likes