Having trouble as this is my very first shopify store. I am getting tons of traffice 1000+ visitors in less than 2 weeks from launch but I'm not able to close the sales. I see that many people (20+) have added products to cart but still nobody is completing checkout. Please advise if possible.
My store is at www.vintagecyclingshop.com
1/ Optimize all pictures (use tinypng.com).
2/ in some pages add to cart doesn't work and it's only text not a button!!
3/ Why adding button link to Amazon? Replace with add to cart only.
4/ You have error in reviews (it doesn't show on product page, and display weird error below description).
5/ Add pages like about us, policies and FAQ...
6/ Add trust badges (coding, search on YouTube).
7/ Change add to cart and check out colors to green and make them bigger.
8/ You can skip cart directly to check out (coding, search on YouTube). *Optional
9/ Add favicon, somehow logo doesn't have right size but it works. *Optional
10/ Edit languages, instead of "taxes and shipping calculated at checkout" change it to "Free shipping included".
11/ Add scarcity and fake reviews and testimonials (social proof).
12/ Add Hotjar app (search on Google) and watch recording what costumers do on your store
Go spy on successful stores from the link below and do just like them
If I remember correctly, the main reason why people abandon their cart is due to high shipping fees. Do you have high shipping fees? And by that I mean is it too high compared to the products? If it's higher than 25% of the products' price, there might be a problem.
Another reason is the long shipping time. since COVID-19 really mess things up around the world. Or maybe it's because of the payment options, maybe you don't offer the payment option they need (I doubt it tho).
I can't really help with the payment thing, but I can help you with the other two. You might want to try Store Pickup (basically allows customers to pick up their items in store instead of waiting and paying for delivery). You could do this by installing a Store Pickup app on the Shopify App Store or try out the Shopify included option (it sucks tho, I don't recommend it).
If you are still unsure you need it, check out this checklist to know for sure.
Hey @vintagecycling , welcome to the Shopify family.
I checked your store and it is neat. I would like to share a couple of feedbacks,
1. Add a favicon to your website. It will help you strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website.
2. Add FAQ to your page (footer navigation), this will help to answer some of the most common questions customers have about your products.
3. Invite customers to be part of your community. You can set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.
4. Add an 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand , making a strong impression on curious customers.
5. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar, which leads to your several collections page.
6. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse homepage itself. Also adding product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. (I have added on of your product image with badge as a reference. If you like other stickers/badges click here)
Hope this helps.
Hey Vintage Cycling Shop,
"Receiving site traffic, but, no sales is a very common scenario". The major reason being"improper site layout". Keep the below-listed points in mind to improve the same:
All the best!