Please Help (T_T)

Solved
Tourist
3 0 0

Problem

We get decent traffic when we run ads on google and Facebook. One of us plugs the store on their Instagram here and there because he has a decent following. We haven't had a lot of conversions though. Now, we've reworked the site a couple times to make it look more professional, hopefully.

Goal

About to start an ad campaign pretty soon, but I want to make sure my store doesn't look scammy.

Any help/tips? 

Known Problems

-The video that plays when you're on a desktop looks weird with words over our logo. Will fix soon.

-Policies may need to be fixed? We tried doing a stocking fee, but may not be a good idea

-Shipping Times could be displayed a little better

-Need to find an up-sell

-Name change??

-Yes, social media pages aren't as strong as they should be. Need to stop being lazy on that front, but slowly growing.

Future Plans

-Our Goal Page- We are somewhat well known lifters, so we want to attach our name eventually. Plus, this store is kind of centered around our parent's daily aches and pains.

-Don't have certifications, but we have experience and do our research. So, some credibility may be lost. Eventually, one us will get some, but he's very busy with school right now.

-Trying to get in contact with a supplier to get labeled packaging and faster shipping times.

Website

dex-stop.com

Final Thought

If you read all of this thank you. Kinda got into the zone on this one, which is what I love about shopify and dropshipping. Probably the first thing I've been passionate about in a long time, which isn't saying a lot because of my age. Definitely tired of working for people that see their employees as "a dime a dozen," or trying to squeeze as much work out of them as possible without paying them for it because it's "their job" all of a sudden. So, I've been saving enough money and working odd jobs to really go hard on this campaign. If all else fails, I at least know my parents can live a little more comfortably with some of the products I'm testing out.

Thanks again for reading

-E 

p.s The final thought isn't meant to pull at heart strings or anything. As I said, I am in the freaking zone, which makes me wonder if this is what adderall feels like.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
219 5 16

Hi @DExStop! Gabby here from the Community Engagement team at Spocket.

First of all, you're awesome for laying out your plans and explaining what you've done so far and reflecting on what you can improve to your store. I hope the entire planning and pre-launch process goes well for you!

From my end, I'd like to ask if you're dropshipping? If so, are you considering using a dropshipping app to find suppliers for your store? Or if you're already using one, would you mind if I asked what it is you're currently using? You mentioned that you intend to find a supplier that can do package labelling and can offer fast shipping, and I wanted to take the time to introduce Spocket. It's a dropshipping app that gives you access to thousands of items from mainly EU and US suppliers - besides being assured of quality, the geographical location allows for faster shipping. Items on Spocket can ship in variants of 1-3 days, 3-5 days, or 4-7 days. As well, Spocket offers branded invoicing in replacement of branding on package - this is something we're still looking into making possible.

Dropshipping_suppliers_for_best_US_EU_products___Spocket.png

In any case, if you're interested to learn more, you can visit Spocket's official website and join the official Facebook page!

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
1211 71 257

Hey Dex-stop,

Search bar apart from being added in the dropdown should also be placed beside the cart and currency converter for a more organized header look. The login should also be placed beside the cart and currency converter on the top right of the header for ease of customer notice and attention. Other noticeable store areas to be improved are as follows:

1. "Home" button should be a part of the dropdown menu to make it look more logical.
  2. "Catalog" is a must in any dropdown menu for ease of product visibility and selection.
  3. A unique header template should be created to highlight amazing discounts or free shipping offers if any.
  4. The logo is quite plain and simple, needs modification. Try using different font styles and add a tint of graphics to make it look more appealing and professional.
  5. More social links need to be added apart from Facebook and Instagram etc for strengthening customer bond and association.
  6. Bestsellers need to be added for depicting site peculiarity.
  7. Reviews need to be added for better customer choice.
  8. Testimonials and Instagram images are a must for better brand promotion.
  9. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  10. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the store modification help you achieve a lot more conversions.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Gabby,

Yes, I am dropshipping. I did not know they had my product on spocket. I have definitely checked in the past. It ships a little bit faster comapared to the one on aliexpress and is about $20 more. However, I think I can take the cut in profit with branded invoices, hopefully branded packaging comes soon. So, I can write whatever I want on the invoices and the supplier will put it with the goods? 

Thank you for the help. I've been checking spocket out a lot more for new products to go with my store.

-DExStop

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Neha, 

Wow, thank you for the break down! This is exactly what I was looking for. I am definitely going to get to work making these changes after I get off work tonight. I'll also check out those apps. 

Would you recommend changing themes to make some of these changes possible? 

-DExStop

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1211 71 257

The pleasure is mine! Happy to help you. Try implementing the changes without changing the theme but if it seems difficult, even going for it won't do you any harm.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes