Please ! I need your help guys !!!

3 0 1

Hi,

I am Sandra and I launched my home decor shopify store in April 2019 since then it hasnt been easy. Even though I got a few orders (20, some are from friends and family) I don't have lots of visits and people are not really staying more than 3O seconds on my site and they don't buy. So to help me undertsand where I can improve I need feedback please ;)

Here is my store ypsyhome.com

One of the reasons why I think people are not staying long or buying is because I don't have many products yet. Stocks cost a lot and Im still sceptical to invest more money as Im still not sure this business is profitable or can be successful. Another reason could be that I don't really differenciate myself from other home decor online stores. I know that to be successful you need to have an added value but to be honest I was just looking to launch a company that makes me happy and Im very passionate about home decor. 

Thanks a lot for your help 

XOXO 

Sandra 

1 Like
Tourist
11 0 2

get good at marketing and analytics. also make a better description.

0 Likes

Hi Sandra 

Your store looks great on first glance, I think there are some areas that need cleaning up. Plus not so sure about the name and domain name... will it be easy for people to remember? Something to think about. I don't think your store lacks enough product at all. You need to work on your marketing and targeting of potential customers. Google Shopping would be a good tactic for you use to with your products and price point. I would consider trying that out if you have not already. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Your homepage is just an endless scroll of product. Consider adding a masthead image that helps show off your brand. Maybe a nice living room with product you sell

2. Look at adding an About Us page and tell people who is behind the sore

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Astronaut
749 46 171

Hey,
It seems you have worked quite a lot, as store is amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at it place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a

lot better sales.

1.  Favicon is missing.

2. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

3. For some sales in the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a separate sale page for discounted products.

4. Also, You have around 51 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for you visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also your search page is bit off and empty https://ypsyhome.com/search?q=  Don't you think if suggestions are offered to search bar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

5. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
435 19 51

You sell gorgeous furniture & home décor online. Tbh, I love the salt lamp, it appears to be ideally suited for everyone's house. You have a great store and good collections. Here are some points that you need to work on-

1. Get a Favicon as it adds uniqueness and branding.
2. Include a search bar and menu options for easy navigation. Adding different categories will help visitors to easily search when they land to your website.
3. The CTA should be more highlighted. In fact, why don't you insert a slider on the top of your homepage with your featured product images?
In most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

Ypsy Home-Interior Design Eshop.png 

4. Provide information throughout your site, including an About Us page. Don’t act like you’re hiding from your customers; that will hardly make them more trusting!
5. Why don't you give a try to Exit-Intent pop-ups? Pop-up can help you generate extra revenue through your company website.

This was the feedback on how you can improve your store. If people are visiting your store but not staying for long then you might need to work on making your website more interactive. You need to entice and push your new visitors towards sales and conversions. Before proceeding further I would like to gather more information on your engagement strategies. And how do you reconnect and retarget those visitors who leave your website without making a purchase?

According to me, every visitor is an opportunity and every visitor forgone is an opportunity lost. So let's discuss further how to capitalize on "the opportunity".

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
238 26 50

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your store and you've done a really nice job with it so far. Is this your first online business? There are a few points I'd like your to consider to improve your store:

- You should add a favicon to your store. We have a great guide on how you can add one here

- You have some lovely product photography, and your site is straight to the point. However, there is no mission statement or branding content on the landing page. You have some great text-based content in your 'Concept' page, but I'd love to learn a little about who you are as a business on the landing page. 

- I think adding reviews to your store would help with conversions. It's been proven that reading satisfactory experiences of others can improve your chances of making that sale. There is an app, developed by Shopify, called Product Reviews, that I recommend you check out. I would also insert some quotes from happy customers on your landing page if at all possible. 

- I'd love to see some video content too for this type of business, something like an interior lookbook, or interior inspo blog. Have you considered creating a blog? You can learn how to create a blog by visiting our help center here.  

How are you currently marketing the business? Is traffic currently healthy, or are you struggling to get people to even visit the site? A little insight into your current marketing strategy might assist us in making some further recommendations! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
112 8 103

Hi Sandra, 

Your store looks amazing! As a home decor Instagrammer (@pinktinyhouse), I absolutely love the vibes that you've created with your website. Very boho chic! 

I see a few places for improvements to be made: 

-Your homepage hero image is pixelated and a little fuzzy. You may need to add larger images in order to get a sharper look. 

-Add a favicon. This will help visitors find that website tab to continue shopping! 

-If you're worried that you don't have enough products, I would consider adding some dropshipped items into the mix. That can help you flesh out your offerings on your site without the need for upfront costs. Something like Oberlo may be able to help with that. I would recommend still ordering a sample and using that to take your own personal photos for each product. 

-Have you thought about using influencer marketing to drive sales and traffic? Carro is a free app that can help you discover influencers to start working with. With a free product or two, influencers will be able to spread the word about your products. Home decor Instagrammers are super popular right now, so I could see any number of influencers being able to help. 

-Add some "stickiness" to your site. By this, I mean that you could add an email signup popup with a coupon to incentivize people to sign up. You could also drive people to follow you on social media, then post about promotions and sales there. Do you have abandoned cart emails setup? This could be another way to get people to return to your site after their initial visit. Creating these sticky elements will help you capitalize on the visitors that aren't staying long or aren't ready to buy. 

Good luck! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
488 25 99

@SandraMo 

I just took a look at your store and I think it looks really good. There are just a few minor things that I might consider changing

Firstly, I noticed that you don't have a blog. Adding a blog to your site would help to increase SEO on your site.

Also I noticed that you don't have a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Also I noticed that you don't have reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

An important thing I couldn't find is a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

0 Likes