Please Review/Help

2 0 0

I am new to this. I set up a Shopify site:  https://dealmax.net, I feel that it looks professional (clean, no pop ups & fast page loads), I may be too close to it to see the flaws. I am definitely open to constructive criticism.  

I have a full time job so setting up the site took well over a month for me to do (all of my spare time). I would love to make enough money from the site so I could quit my full time job and devote all of my time to the site. But like most people I have earn a living to keep the wolves from the door. If the site doesn't make it I may be looking at Freedom 95.

I opened the site January 1st this year. I'm still waiting for Google to index the site. I purchase traffic from: addmoretraffic.com  and exactseek.com on January 16th. As of January 19th I have had 1700+ visitors and no sales at all. I feel that either I am getting very bad traffic or I am really missing something(s) at my site and/or doing something(s) very wrong?

After reading postings here I realize I may need to devote time to writing my own product descriptions rather than the copy/paste I did for all AliExpress product write ups?

I was considering adding a product review app. Any advice on that? Does having product reviews for each product on site boost sales as the product review apps claim?

Any suggestions, advice, or help to get sales coming in to the site would really be appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this posting.

Take care and have fun

Brian

0 Likes
Tourist
23 0 3

Hey Brian, it's great to hear that you're attempting to make it on your own as a dropshipper! In terms of the traffic you are recieving I'm almost certain that it is being clickfarmed. A general thing to remeber is if you don't know where the traffic is coming from (if you cannot target specific people) it's probably bad traffic. In the future I would not reccomend using sites like these, instead try using google adword, FB/IG and influencer marketing. 

In regards to your website it still needs quite a bit of work. You have to increase the branding within the site, currently it just seems like a knockoff ali express or amazon where you can essentialy buy anything. You have to narrow it down into a specific niche. I would also reccomend adding an about us/contact us page, these are absolutly vital for customer conversion.

In terms of your product descriptions these too need to be changed however make sure to narrow down your product before you do this. 

Please feel free to contact me via my website, http://smallbusinessmedia.ca if you'd like to talk more about this. I'd love to help!

Cheers, 

Sam

0 Likes
Tourist
21 0 3

Hi @Brian25 

Sites like what you mentioned would give you unqualified traffic that may not drive sales. Look for targeting the right audience for your products and give them the feel of an authentic store. Btw, We use AppMagica: AliExpress Review

We do Dropship from AliExpress and this app helps us with importing authentic reviews from AliExpress and makes our new store look filled with buyers :)

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
768 75 150

Hey there, @Brian25 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

Thank you for reaching out and congrats on launching your store. You have made some really great points. I would firstly recommend that you read our "The Beginner's Guide to Getting More High Quality Traffic" to make sure the traffic that you are getting to your store is actually well targeted and the visitors coming to your store will want to buy things on your store. 

When trying to access your store I am brought to this page on your domain provider's site as opposed to your store: 

Make sure you get this resolved ASAP. 

You are right when it comes to copy-pasting product descriptions. Anyone who is familiar with AliExpress or Oberlo will spot this right away and in doing so they will know that they can get the products cheaper elsewhere. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. Here are some statistics for you to consider:

- 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. ([PeopleClaim](http://www.peopleclaim.com/blog/index.php/the-review-of-ratings/))
- 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
- 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
- As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

I would recommend taking a look at our free Product Reviews app. This app can be found in our fabulous little app store, the home to all of our best apps!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Brian: 

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm getting the following error when trying to view your site. Might wanna get this sorted out. Most users when they see such an error just back out to a point of no return. So it's extremely important you sort this out ASAP.

Site_Error_Brian.png

0 Likes