Please Review My Store

Joko1010
1 0 1

Here is the link. Any feedback is appreciated. Doggydepotco.com 

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
261 46 160

Hi @Joko1010!

First of all, I love the look of your store. The Husky with its tongue out of its mouth looks like a dog that could be hot! I really like the primary CTA and that you’re using sliding hero images well. This is the first time I can recall seeing sliding hero images that I like. 

I have two suggestions for your homepage:
1. You have three features - portable dog water bottle, prevent dog overheating and reward your dog. That’s all great, but what about the folding dog bowls? It seems to be missing from this list. 

1. Use click and scroll heatmaps to see how visitors engage with this site. I would be curious to see if they scroll through the page or if they go directly to the CTA to begin shopping. 

Navigation
This is where it kind of falls apart for me. Right now, all of your links are in your main navigation. Your footer is essentially blank. I would move some of those to the footer (i.e., About Us, Refund Policy, Contact Us and Shipping Policy). Again, click heatmaps will help you identify what people are clicking on.

Next,  I’m not sure what “Sale” means. Is that for all products, or is it just those on sale? Why not just simplify it like your homepage? Instead of “Sale,” consider splitting it out into Water Bottle | Treat Launcher | Dog Bowl | Home Decor. Test it out and use heatmaps to evaluate the results.

I would highly suggest watching how people use your website through session recordings. These act like a DVR for your website and let you see everything someone did while they were on your store. I would watch to see how people navigate to products.

Product pages
In general, I like your description and the ordering process itself. It’s not complicated, and I like that. The only thing I would change is to reiterate that free shipping here. Instead of “Shipping calculated checkout,” mention the free U.S. shipping. 

That being said, people don’t like surprises at checkout. For your international shoppers, give them the ability to see the shipping costs up front. Add it to your shipping policy if you can.

Contact
For your contact pge, I would suggest a few changes:

• Link your email address
  • Remove the phone number field - it tends to scare people away

Also, make sure you offer a live chat. Contact pages are great, but customers have to leave your site to wait for the answers to arrive in their inbox. Live chat lets them get answers to their questions while they are still on your site.

I really like what you’ve done with your store! You’ve put in a ton of work, and it shows. Visitor behavior is going to help push it to just that next level. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1956 124 436

Hey Doggy Depot,

Some add-ons to the above-mentioned points are:

• Align all" footer links" vertically for symmetric placement.
  • "About Us" should briefly describe about the store's origin, mission, and ideas to succeed, which is missing.
  • "Pet images" should be added to "About Us" to make it lively and expressive.
  • "Contact form" is missing in "Contact Us" section.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best for your store!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes