Please Review My Store

Solved
DaVinci
Tourist
11 0 4

Hello, 

You folks reviewed my website a couple of months ago and offered suggestions for ways to improve it.  I have acted on those suggestions and believe that my site is far improved from where it was when I first asked the question.

With that said I would very much appreciate it if you would take another look at it and let me know what you think.  My website is https://davincisunglasses.com, and I am using the Brooklyn theme.

I believe that my last major issue is that I have been unable to optimize my slideshow images for both mobile and desktop.  I haven't yet been able to find a solution to this problem.

Sincerely,

Da Vinci Sunglasses

Houston, TEXAS

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @DaVinci,

I've reviewed your site before so I was excited to see a post update from you.

I took a look through and I have a few suggestions.

In your mobile view, it is okay. You have 9 photos which I feel is a few too many. My suggestion would be to use those photos in the homepage slideshow instead (if you have the full sized photos so that they don't appear blurry).

I'd suggest pairing down your links, keep that main menu for Home and any Shop links, the rest could be displayed in a footer menu.

davinci-glasses.png

On desktop, the photos in your slideshow are quite large and again, I feel it would look better if you had a model wearing the glasses instead of just the product itself. If you wanted to use the images you have currently, I'd suggest giving the picture to a graphic artist and see what they come up with for a banner design. Fiverr.com is a good place to look.

And again, the 9 photos displayed on the homepage - a better way to showcase these photos would be to display them in a grid form: 3 columns, 3 rows. That way it's not a long vertical scroll to see all of the pictures.

davinci-glasses2.png

On the product pages, the visitor (especially on mobile) will need to scroll past five photos in order to find the product listing. They then need to click again to find that add to cart button. You want to make it as quick and easy as possible for a person to get to checkout so this is something I'd take a look at as well.

screencapture-davincisunglasses-collections-the-best-new-luxury-designer-polarized-mens-sunglasses-2021-01-21-12_38_47.png

Overall, I think you would benefit from hiring a professional to adjust the look and layout of your website. You can search the top rated Shopify experts here: https://experts.shopify.com/. It would be an investment but a good one :).

When your website is ready to go and you want to start running ads, take a look at our 2021 ad strategy video:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
DaVinci
Tourist
11 0 4

Hello and thank you once again for taking the time to review my website.  As I tried to do before I will again do my best to implement your suggestions before requesting help from an expert.  This is more for financial reasons than for any believe that I could do as well.  My hope is to make the site good enough to begin getting some sales that would hopefully help offset the financial impact of getting professional help.

With that said I will do what you have suggested and move the photos.  I do indeed have much higher resolution of all of my pictures on the site and can increase the dimensions to whatever the mobile and desktop sites require.  

I will also reduce the number of links in the sidebar to those that are actually needed and will move the rest to the footer as you suggested.

And I will try to reorient the pictures to reduce the scroll length as you suggested.

Thank you very much for the time you took to review my site.

Da Vinci Sunglasses

Houston, TEXAS

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2414 140 437

Hello @DaVinci, I hope you are doing well! here are some inputs from my side:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

You should make your store organized. It looks cluttered. If you have limited products display them on the home page. Also, you can add an engaging video on the home page.

- On the collection page, make all the images aligned and add a call to action button like 'add to cart' and the 'buy now' button. 

- Make the product page professional. 

- Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product to someone.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

- Also, add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @DaVinci 

This is PageFly - Landing Page Builder. 

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. 

PageFly_0-1611300366609.png

You should move the hero banner a bit down because the logo overlays the glasses picture. I found that your site is designed for mobile view more than laptop view. However, we still want to get more traffic and sales on computer visitors. We try to make your page responsive on any device.

It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.

PageFly_1-1611300366828.gif

2. Improve the hero banner content

In your mobile, the navigation makes me confused about the product images and the product names are unrelated. You should put all content on a slideshow and the navigation is in the end. 

PageFly_2-1611300366354.png3. Minimize white spacing on your page

I found that you want to show many product images here and there are much white spacing among them. You should consider reducing them. Or you can display all images as a slideshow with a “Call to action” button and create more content on your page. (I will suggest below.)

PageFly_3-1611300366355.png

PageFly_4-1611300366611.png

PageFly_5-1611300366713.png

PageFly_6-1611300366730.png4. Classify the principal and secondary Call-to-action (CTA) button on your Home page

One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they mostly want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate. 

I found that you have a few CTA buttons now and they lead to other pages. It should be linked to the Cart page or Check out page. 

Besides, you should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted in your page. To make it more highlighted you can use hover color for your button.

PageFly_7-1611300366607.png5. Add more content on your homepage

Besides the hero banner, I suggest that you should add more information in your homepage. It can be your collections and product lists to make intuitively what you are selling, for example, the best seller collections. Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials.

Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that is displayed on our page templates, you can refer more.

PageFly_8-1611300365796.png

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage 

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages. 

You can take a look at some PageFly templates from us. I think this one Glasia is suitable for you.

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. 

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
0 Likes