Please Review My Store!

Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 2

Hello, I launched my store back in September of 2018. Since then I have improved and changed many things from resizing my pictures, adding more content, improving my grammar, etc...

However, I would love for someone other than myself to rate my store. Do you notice any errors on my site? Does it look professional enough to shop at? What are some recommendations for improvement? Anything that you really enjoy?

www.crownjewelsboutique.com

I appreciate your time! Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
364 6 64

Hey Tay,

Looks really good! :)

I would recommend upgrading to a paid theme (as there's probably 100k other stores using the same theme as you right now, and the customization options in the free themes are kind of lacking -- so the sites all end up looking very similar, aside from the colours used). 

I would also suggest re-naming some of your collections to be more basic. I get what you're trying to do with the current names, but sometimes, if it's not SUPER-CLEAR what products are in a collection, then visitors will just leave your site instead of clicking into each collection to find out what's in each one. Most online shoppers know roughly what they want to buy before getting to a shopping site, so if they can't easily find what they're looking for, then they'll leave.

You're also missing a favicon.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add-favicon

Hope this helps! :)

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

→ Have me build your Shopify store @ stephens.world
→ Get your FREE 30-Step Setup Guide @ stephens.world/guide
→ View My Official Expert Profile @ stephens.world/expert
→ Want to buy me lunch? stephens.world/lunch

1 Like
Highlighted

Congrats on getting your store this far. Love the images on the site. Here are some ways to improve your store:

Homepage Feedback

1. I got two popups within 10 seconds of being on the store: 5% off and signing for an account to earn extra point. I would delay the 5% off popup, that way people have time to look around and understand what you sell

2. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site

3. I would add your shipping, sizing chart, about us, contact us, FAQ and other important links to your footer

4. Make your contact email is your domain name. This will make your site look more professional

Product Page Feedback

1. Add your shipping and return/refund as links on each product page. This way customers know what to expect and you are setting the right expectations

2. Add longer product description as this is how you sell more product. Plus it can help with your SEO

3. Add a sizing chart on all product pages. That way customers buy the right size and you don't have to deal with returns

4. Add a section of most viewed/bought products to the bottom of every product page. You want to keep people on your site as long as possible

5. I would break out the customer reviews from the tabbed box it is in right now and make it its own section. If someone is scrolling fast on mobile, they might miss that.

Keep making improvements to your store. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 2

Hey Stephen,

I did come across someone with the same theme as mine, so yes I understand what you are saying. I was thinking maybe if I wait a little longer and see how well my store expands before paying for a paid theme...

Your suggestion regarding the collection names.. do you mean more basic title such as Tops, Bottoms, Dress, etc... instead of what I have now? 

I am not really sure what favicon is, but thanks for the video link lol :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 2

Hey Duane,

Wow, Thank you!

• First, you got 2 popups? Hmm, there should only be one..." sign up to subscribe to the newsletter" But I love your suggestion. I will delay it. 
  • My contact email should already be my domain name :)
  • I am currently using the Kiwi Size Chart App for my size chart. It is on my product page already. Were you not able to see it?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@TayJewels wrote:

Hey Duane,

Wow, Thank you!

• My contact email should already be my domain name :)
  • I am currently using the Kiwi Size Chart App for my size chart. It is on my product page already. Were you not able to see it?

I looked at your contact us page and the email was a yahoo one I saw. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a sizing chart app on the product pages I looked at.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 2

Okay, I will double check and change my email address. & I need to figure out why my app is no longer displaying for my sizing chart. Thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 2

Hey Duane,

Do you have an app recommendation that will allow me to add a collection or list of products to the bottom of my product pages? For example the most viewed products or best selling items... 

@DuaneBrown wrote:

Congrats on getting your store this far. Love the images on the site. Here are some ways to improve your store:

Homepage Feedback

1. I got two popups within 10 seconds of being on the store: 5% off and signing for an account to earn extra point. I would delay the 5% off popup, that way people have time to look around and understand what you sell

2. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site

3. I would add your shipping, sizing chart, about us, contact us, FAQ and other important links to your footer

4. Make your contact email is your domain name. This will make your site look more professional

Product Page Feedback

1. Add your shipping and return/refund as links on each product page. This way customers know what to expect and you are setting the right expectations

2. Add longer product description as this is how you sell more product. Plus it can help with your SEO

3. Add a sizing chart on all product pages. That way customers buy the right size and you don't have to deal with returns

4. Add a section of most viewed/bought products to the bottom of every product page. You want to keep people on your site as long as possible

5. I would break out the customer reviews from the tabbed box it is in right now and make it its own section. If someone is scrolling fast on mobile, they might miss that.

Keep making improvements to your store. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@TayJewels wrote:

Hey Duane,

Do you have an app recommendation that will allow me to add a collection or list of products to the bottom of my product pages? For example the most viewed products or best selling items... 

We don't have one as a lot of clients already have apps picked before we on board them to run marketing on Google, Facebook...ect. Look at the most used and or reviewed apps to see what they offer. I would also look at your theme documentation to see if they offer that feature built in maybe?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 2

@DuaneBrown wrote:

@TayJewels wrote:

Hey Duane,

We don't have one as a lot of clients already have apps picked before we on board them to run marketing on Google, Facebook...ect. Look at the most used and or reviewed apps to see what they offer. I would also look at your theme documentation to see if they offer that feature built in maybe?

Okay thank you for that. I was thinking that when I go purchase my next paid theme I will look at those features. 

0 Likes