Please Review my Shop

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 0

Hi Everyone,

IM new to shopify. Can you please check out my shop and provide some feedback on what we can do to make it better?

www.crazyplantpeople.com

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
956 96 191

Hey there, Barbie!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

I have to say it does not look like you are new to Shopify, your store looks absolutely AMAZING! Really great job in putting it together. There is a really strong sense of brand throughout the entire site, your products are well photographed and described and I absolutely love your story section. There is a thing or two that we can tweak slightly to improve your store but I could not find a whole bunch, you seem to have all bases covered extremely well. 

I can see that you have your contact information listed at the footer of your site. This is easily accessible which is super important, however, I would also consider adding a contact page with a form. This is simply because people can be lazy, to be honest, Barbie. Instead of copying the email and logging in to their email provider, a lot of users would rather just fill out a form right there on the page. So while I would recommend keeping the information on the footer, I would encourage you to also create a contact page with a contact form. You can find out how to do this here. 

Taking a look at your featured collection I noticed that your product images have varying sizes. To maintain a uniform look along your product line and on your collection pages, you should keep the width and height aspect ratio of all your feature images the same, say square. Your featured image is the first image of a product that will appear across your store – on your home page, cart page, checkout page, and a variety of collection pages. Keep all your thumbnails, too,  the same size and shape to convey a polished store look. Keep in mind, many of your customers will be browsing on mobile too and square images are easier to reposition for smaller screens. We recommend 2048 x 2048 pixels for square product photos. These are high resolution images that give your store a professional and well-rounded look with great zoom capabilities. Keep in mind that for zoom functionality to work your images have to be more than 800 x 800 pixels. We have apps that will allow you to resize your products in bulk which can be found here.

As your inventory grows I would recommend splitting your products up into collections as per this guide so that your page is easily navigated. When a customer comes to your site they may be looking for a specific kind of plant or they may be specifically looking for pots. Currently, one needs to click through your all products page to browse what you have which is perfect for casual browsers, however, for those who have something specific in mind it can be frustrating. Think of it as a huge nursery with no signposts, all you want is an aloe but you don't want to go through the entire store to find it when it could be anywhere. 

I hope you find this helpful,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
315 1 21

hi,

I have gone through your store and it looks cool. 

You have very good and unique products. in addition to above suggestions, i have one tip for you. Customer reviews are very important to get more sales. Please have customer reviews for your products.

Thanks,

MyReviewfy.

https://apps.shopify.com/myreviewfy
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
54 3 8

@Barbie_Blanas wrote:

Hi Everyone,

IM new to shopify. Can you please check out my shop and provide some feedback on what we can do to make it better?

www.crazyplantpeople.com

Thanks

Heya! 

Your store is fine. You're in a tiny niche so you this doesn't matter too much. It doesn't need to look like a princess to make sales but you need reviews. You have no reviews so you are not trustworthy to the customer.You have a lot to learn. You need to run ads now and try to force people to buy. Hope this helps! 

ElizaThompson

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 0

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I have implemented reviews and am now collecting them.

What else can i do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 0

@Bo wrote:

Hey there, Barbie!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

I have to say it does not look like you are new to Shopify, your store looks absolutely AMAZING! Really great job in putting it together. There is a really strong sense of brand throughout the entire site, your products are well photographed and described and I absolutely love your story section. There is a thing or two that we can tweak slightly to improve your store but I could not find a whole bunch, you seem to have all bases covered extremely well. 

I can see that you have your contact information listed at the footer of your site. This is easily accessible which is super important, however, I would also consider adding a contact page with a form. This is simply because people can be lazy, to be honest, Barbie. Instead of copying the email and logging in to their email provider, a lot of users would rather just fill out a form right there on the page. So while I would recommend keeping the information on the footer, I would encourage you to also create a contact page with a contact form. You can find out how to do this here. 

Taking a look at your featured collection I noticed that your product images have varying sizes. To maintain a uniform look along your product line and on your collection pages, you should keep the width and height aspect ratio of all your feature images the same, say square. Your featured image is the first image of a product that will appear across your store – on your home page, cart page, checkout page, and a variety of collection pages. Keep all your thumbnails, too,  the same size and shape to convey a polished store look. Keep in mind, many of your customers will be browsing on mobile too and square images are easier to reposition for smaller screens. We recommend 2048 x 2048 pixels for square product photos. These are high resolution images that give your store a professional and well-rounded look with great zoom capabilities. Keep in mind that for zoom functionality to work your images have to be more than 800 x 800 pixels. We have apps that will allow you to resize your products in bulk which can be found here.

As your inventory grows I would recommend splitting your products up into collections as per this guide so that your page is easily navigated. When a customer comes to your site they may be looking for a specific kind of plant or they may be specifically looking for pots. Currently, one needs to click through your all products page to browse what you have which is perfect for casual browsers, however, for those who have something specific in mind it can be frustrating. Think of it as a huge nursery with no signposts, all you want is an aloe but you don't want to go through the entire store to find it when it could be anywhere. 

I hope you find this helpful,

Bo

Hello Bo

Thank you for your feedback. I will do my best to implement them soon.

Can you also help me install a bar under my header?

Similar to this one below where it has "free newsletter and Subscribe" I just want that bar for my shop

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.17.34 PM (3).png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
956 96 191

Hey there, Barbie! 

I was taking a look into this and I was able to find this app which claims that it can prominently add newsletter signup right under the header. This app. however, does appear to be very new and so I am not certain of how well it will function on your store. It is totally free to install so I would recommend giving it a go!

This may also be done with some coding. What I would recommend is that you post this request in our design forum here. When posting this request please be sure to mention the name of the theme and exactly how you want this bar to appear. There may be an app available to make this happen or a developer out there who will be able to guide you through making the coding changes. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes