Please Roast/Constructively Critique My Store

RuggedRidge
Tourist
5 0 0

Constantly tweaking, but never sure what is working or what isn't.  Please critique everything from layout to word and photo choice.  Even price.  Knee jerk reactions people, how do I turn eyeballs into sales.   Currently hovering around a 1.5% conversion rate.  80+% bounce.  Between 40 sec and 1.5 min average time.   Sometimes its 3% conversions, but thats when I direct alot of traffic from warm areas such as fb, insta.  How do I heat up that cold traffic?  I am spending on google search and retargetting.  Looking for that secret sauce!  Please help!

www.ruggedridgeforest.com

Thanks!

josh

0 Likes

Hi Josh

Since I gave feedback last time about the store and even though I still see that some of that feedback still applies. It's the little details that turn your average looking store into a brand people want to buy from. This means your homepage and product images still need to be fixed. Why don't I share how we think about marketing with our ecommerce clients across North America. Being Canadian, I know a thing or two about maple syrup. The reality is that even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. So even if you are running campaigns in Google, that does not mean they are the right campaigns. Marketing is a skill like any other profession.

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. 

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
RuggedRidge
Tourist
5 0 0

Excellent critique, as usual Duane!  Thanks for that next level advice with the DPA and tailoring my traffic funnels.  And I feel ya, I still am not happy with the quart and gallon photo.  Something about the light box and my camera just didn't capture the same magic as I did on the 1/2 pint sampler.... might have to rehit the drawing board, and then potentially look into DPA on FB (their retargeting definitely gets sales from me...).  Thank you again, excellent critique and I hope all is well for you up in Canada!

0 Likes

You are welcome Josh. Good luck. Maybe higher a designer to help make and take your site design to the next level. That is going to have a big impact on your success here. All the ads in the world won't matter if your site still needs work. 

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes

Hello @RuggedRidge ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• I have found that there is no favicon to your website, favicon helps your customers to navigate to your website tab while they open many tabs on the same browser and it looks professional if you have a favicon. 
  • There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  • Also, try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop 

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
480 17 100

Hi @RuggedRidge welcome to Shopify family 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review.
2. Engaging the audience by writing blogs with better titles and promoting them on various social media platforms will be helpful.
3. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
4. I think the addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
5. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well.
6. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products.  Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
7. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster

I hope this helps 

Munawar. 

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes