Please be honest!

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey guys,

I posted here last week after just launching my store and got some really good advice. I've implemented that advice but still don't seem to be getting any sales. Could people have a look at my store and give me their absolutely honest opinion on what I'm doing well/not so well. Would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

www.quazoostore.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 47 96

Hey, @Quazoostore 

Thanks for reaching out today. I'd be happy to offer up some advice on your store today.

One of the first things that stuck out for me was your usage of the slideshow at the top. Each slide is identical in saying "Shop our Earth Collection" and repeats itself across five slides.

Slideshows can be taxing on the loading speed of your website. So it's crucial to use slides conservatively and only when you are really to market a specific product on your store. Typically, I'd personally recommend keeping your slides to three at the most and only using them when you have something special to offer opposed to having them there 'just because'. Also, the Call to Action I mentioned (Shop our Earth Collection) doesn't really give the visitor much insight as to what they are going to click into. Why should they click into it and what will they find in there?

Succesful apparel and jewelry businesses will typically use slideshows and collections to sell a lifestyle, event, or relevant seasonal activity. For example, in the summer a lot of people visit beaches, go on vacation, and are outdoors. So you will often see collections that are tailored to that. For example, a slideshow may be used to sell relevant products that you use at the beach (towels, bathing suits, coolers, beach games, etc). and have a call to action like "Your Beach Essentials" in the slideshow.

This is an example of course and you will want to use a brand voice that reflects how you want your brand to be portrayed. I recommend going through our blog post on the 50 Best Shopify Stores to Inspire Entrepeneurs. It's a great place to get an idea of how successful brands are building out their store to give yourself some inspiration to create something true to your brand.

I hope this helps!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

Hello @Quazoostore 

Congratulations on your store page! It's quite well done. i like the minimal theme that you have selected because it keeps the focus on the products themselves. Most things on the store have been done right. I saw a couple of things that could be made better though, so I thought I'd share them with you. 

1. I think we could use a wishlist or an Add to Favourites button. This will allow you to send more targeted follow up emails to your shoppers and even notify them if you're running any offers or sales. 
  2. Do add reviews wherever possible. Like any other shopper, I too would like to buy those products which have really good reviews. 
  3. You could add some kind of urgency by adding stickers or labels to highlight things like sale/trending/free shipping. The Shopify app store is source of some really good apps that can add this kind of a focus to your store. I added some below which I thought might look good. What do you think? You can always look up more styles here.

E9F8F447-7826-4C5E-B013-BC531E27FF7C_4_5005_c.jpeg4A7D9D3C-59E0-43CA-B292-203918338D99_4_5005_c.jpeg

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Garima

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Quazoo Store,

Pay attention to the below-listed points for store optimization:

• Images should be included in "About Us" to make it express better.
  • "Favicon" enhances user experience and eases site identification as well.
  • Include "Twitter and Linked In" business pages to the site footer as well for better advertising.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.

Keep up the good work, All the best!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes