Please can I have some feedback on my store?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi All 

My shop has been live now for 5 days and I'm slowly learning about running a website. I am brand new to this having previously only sold on Ebay. I sell aromatherapy products and items connected such as candles etc 

I decided to bite the bullet and open my own online store and hopefully build up a business myself. I understand this is going to take time and as yet I haven't had any sales. 

I'd live to drive more traffic to my store and convert to sales so I'm hoping you can help with some feedback. I am quick to learn and can take constructive feedback if it will help me in the long term. 

May thanks in advance. 

www.galaxyrelax.co.uk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1177 58 350

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Good looking store - and it's a profitable niche, especially in a time like this.

I recommend optimizing the hero image - make sure to add a CTA [Shop Now!] text or a button in the image and link it with a relevant collection or a product. This way you’ll invite people to browse your collections, improve the time they spend on your website [important for SEO] and reduce the bounce rate.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 15.05.08.png

Shipping policy in the footer links to Terms Service page - make sure to update it.

The shipping info is especially important for many people - they would love to know how much is the delivery before they start shopping, whether you deliver to their location, can they pick work delivery address, will there need to be someone to sign for the delivery etc. Covering these topics in your policy can reassure your potential customers, it can build trust and make them feel comfortable going ahead and ordering from you. Leaving these questions unanswered can significantly affect your conversion rate.

Refund policy - consider writing a unique policy here instead of featuring default Shopify policy, which mentions items you are not selling:

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 15.03.21.png

It will help you build trust, tailor the content to your own store and avoid any duplicate content issues, which might affect your Google rank. See this article on How to write a returns policy [with examples]: https://www.bigcommerce.co.uk/blog/create-a-returns-and-exchanges-policy-that-sells/

About us page - consider adding more content here with the trust signals. It can help you build trust further and improve your conversion rate. It’s a great place to introduce yourself and tell your visitors who’s behind the scenes. This page is perfect for building trust, so don’t miss out on the opportunity to build a rapport with your customers. Trust plays a huge role for online shoppers - people love to know who they are buying from and a great About us page can help you earn extra points and improve your conversion rate. Make sure to add a photo of yourself and your team and tell your visitors some interesting facts about each of the team members.

Also, make sure to SEO optimize each page [and blog post] on your website with SEO friendly H tags, internal and external links, compress the images, add alt tags and link tags, add Geotags, optimize Google snippets, make your URLs SEO friendly and more. It’s essential to optimize your website from the very start [or as early as possible] to help you rank quicker for your target keywords. If you’re not sure how to do it, please check this FREE video course: How to SEO your website and get to Google #1 in 3 Months.

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

Hey there, 

Great store, Kudos on creating such a clean store. Your collection looks great too, in all I definitely think you're headed in the right direction regarding your store design. I only have a few recommendations for you. 

• Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started.
  • Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images
  • Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand as you add more. This is going to help tie your site together.
  • Also, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. You can use an app that provides you tools like a countdown timer, limited offers and even social proof.
  • Create an incentive to take action by running your sales and offers for a limited time. One effective way to create time pressure is to use a countdown timer on your site. I'll provide you with a few links of apps that do the same.  

Links - 

Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost

Social Proof Urgency App

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.

Hopefully my insights will be of help to you. 

Cheers!

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
0 Likes