Please give feedback on my Natural Baby Products website

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi guys, 

First of all, thanks for taking the time to view my post.

I am aiming to create a nice trustworthy environment which parents will be using to buy natural products for their baby. I have started a 'blog' or just an information section, to make consumers aware of the dangers of inferior products; which I will be adding to. 

My URL is www.earth-cubs.com

0 Likes

Is your site called Earth Babies or Earth Cubs? Make sure your site name and URL match. We have a few clients that target parents with kids and thus, our feedback is based on this experience.

Homepage Feedback

1. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

2. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

3. I would work on the design of your homepage right now to make it look more polished. There is a lot of empty white space that is not needed. Also work on making sure images on your homepage and in your slider all match with the same style

4. Add links to your footer for about us, return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

5. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

2. I would reformat your product description as it's hard to read right now on a few pages. Make sure you keep the same reformat across all product pages

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

4. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
229 14 37

Hello, there!

Ren here from the Shopify support team - I'd love to help out! I think the website looks great so far. It's awesome to see that you've started a blog and I think you are well on your way to establishing a solid naturally-minded baby product brand.

I did noticed a couple of things on the homepage that should be addressed. There seems to be too much white space on either side of the "shop nappies" link when viewing the website on desktop. On mobile view it looks well spaced. I recommend reach out to the theme developer for help resolving the excess white space on desktop.

Also, when attempting to click on the collection links at the bottom of the homepage they don't seem to go anywhere. This could be broken or missing links and should be relatively easy to resolve by making sure they are established in your theme editor.

As for sales, some things to consider to help drive sales would be to offered a featured collections that's on sale or discounted for a limited time. Often shops will offer an email incentive discount to new visitors with the use of one of these apps such as Privy.  The benefit to email capture is it helps you build an email marketing list which you can use later on to promote new products and sales.

Something I have found to be effective with baby product brands is the act of telling your story. Describing your philosophy and what drives you with the use of an about page or video content can help to capture a mood and convey your message. You can produce your own, hire a videographer or even find suitable stock videos from a variety of online sources.

Trust is pivotal to any website. One of the most important things you can do is to add an About Us section. Try including a picture of yourself and/or your family to make it feel personal and relatable.

How are you currently driving or considering driving traffic? Have you explored your analytics to see which products are getting the most views? Before you start diving into the world of paid advertisement, I recommend reading this insightful blog post on how to prepare your store.

Do you have any questions on how to get started with these steps? Looking forward to helping further!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you so much, I have taken everything you said on board and working on it

0 Likes