Please give feedback on my store

maclouds20
2 0 0
www.maclouds.online
I started my shop January 2020
I am now getting approximately 500 sessions a month but no sells.
I have bought somethings from my shop to see if it works and it worked although the items are still to arrive.
I have recently added reviews as well.
Please help me so visitors can start buying.
Thanks.
0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Nice minimalist design, I love it :)

I recommend renaming “Catalog” to “Shop” in the top menu. It will create urgency and give an indirect order to shoppers, inviting them to take action [positive tone of voice]. The best performing shops design their customer journey [sales funnel] across the pages with clear CTAs - from the homepage, through collections to the checkout - so showing people where to click and how to browse your website to complete the purchase will put your customers at ease and improve your conversion rate.

I recommend optimizing the hero image - consider showing one of your products here to show your visitors right away what you are selling; it will significantly improve your conversion rate. Also add a short tagline [3-4 words] describing the product in the picture in more detail - this way the visitors will know right away what the product is:

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 08.51.39.png

Make sure to add a CTA [Shop Now!] text or a button in the image and link it with a relevant collection or a product. This way you’ll invite people to browse your collections, improve the time they spend on your website [important for SEO] and reduce the bounce rate.

"Featured Collection" below - optimize the title to be more SEO-friendly - like "Ladies Tracksuits" etc:

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 08.53.47.png

Consider adding more trust signals, such as: About us page, Shipping policy and Returns policy. This alone can help you improve your conversion rate - people like to have this info clearly displayed and accessible on the website, before committing to buy.

The shipping info is especially important for many people - they would love to know how much is the delivery before they start shopping, whether you deliver to their location, can they pick work delivery address, will there need to be someone to sign for the delivery etc. Covering these topics in your policy can reassure your potential customers, it can build trust and make them feel comfortable going ahead and ordering from you. Leaving these questions unanswered can significantly affect your conversion rate.

Facebook and Instagram links in the footer link to 404 error page - make sure to update these links and open them in new tabs:

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 08.57.23.png

Your SEO score is 50/100

Make sure to define your meta title and meta description [Google snippet] better. The current values you have are below:

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 08.58.52.png

It feels very generic. This is the snippet people see in the search results - so make sure it’s irresistible. You need people clicking your listing as they see it, otherwise Google will drop your site from the results. Make sure to optimize your Google snippet [meta title and meta description] for your homepage, products, all pages, blog posts [in the future], collections etc. If you’re not sure how to do it, please check this FREE video course: How to SEO your website and get to Google #1 in 3 Months.

Also work on a better keyword consistency to help you rank for your target keywords:

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 09.01.16.png

Also, work on the amount of content on your website - through regular blogging and adding more pages - that gives Google more reasons to keep checking your website and crawling it again:

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 09.01.59.png

Google loves written content, so blogging regularly can help you improve your SEO. 

Image alt tags - make sure to add descriptive SEO friendly alt tags to each new image you upload. That’s a great way to improve your SEO [Google will be able to understand what each image represents] and make your website more accessible for the users who browse with images switched off.

Some of your URLs are not SEO friendly:

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 09.02.51.png

It’s important to fix them now, as you are starting out, as changing URLs later, when you are more established and have more backlinks, will results with tons of error pages. See how to make your URLs more SEO friendly in this free video guide: https://youtu.be/4V-jFWoGFd4

Consider also adding Google Analytics - it’s a great way to track your progress and see where your traffic is coming from:

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 09.03.00.png

You also have a substantial number of broken links [as mentioned earlier], so make sure to fix them asap, as they can affect your sales [lots of error pages] and Google ranking [search engines bots cannot access and index those pages]:

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 09.05.10.png

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

vdhnat
Excursionist
21 2 11

Hey maclouds,

Rockpapercopy has some extensive advice here, so I suggest reading her answer!

My two cents: it's very hard to understand what your website is about. "Catalogs", "Products". That's it. The website looks, no offense, a bit bland: it's very hard to know, from the get-go, what you are selling. I shouldn't have to scroll through your entire store to find what I want to buy.

The rest of the website is great. It's fast, easy to navigate and to the point. Just make sure you name your collections differently and add a little pzazz to it!

Nathan

Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Thanks Nathan - great tips as well :)

0 Likes
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @maclouds20 

Since you have already received a lot of great tips, I would like to recommend only one thing and that is to concentrate your resources on a more narrow niche. The items on your store are great, but you there are not a lot of options of each. Let's say if I wanted to get glasses, I will only find a couple of options on your site, meaning that the chances I will find something that I like are very low. It will also make it easier for you to position your brand on the market and further promote it. 

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
398 33 125

Hello @maclouds20,

I've taken a look at your store. Nice and clean store. I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate:

1. You can replace the banner on Home page with some product slideshow/banner.

2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

3. Add detailed product description in product pages.

4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

5. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products. 

6. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

7. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.

8. Add filters in collection pages to helps your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

9. Facebook and Instagram links in the footer seems to be incorrect. 

10. Use the same font for the whole website. 

11. Correct the spelling of Description in https://maclouds.online/collections/frontpage/products/women-plain-slim-fit-tracksuit-set

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 5 results indexed by Google. But your website has 125+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
maclouds20
2 0 0
Thanks for the great ideas, I am working on them.
0 Likes