Please give me feed back on my new store.

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1
Hello,
I have just recently began my adventure at totalclaritycosmetics.com and everything is going fine. However I was wondering if I could get real opinions of the cons or any areas that could use work. I have been staring at it for so long I need someone other than a family member saying "it looks very nice". I would love the hard honest truth for I am a hard honest worker. I am getting ready to run ads and would be greatfull to hear what some pros have to say. Thank you.
https://totalclaritycosmetics.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
192 33 59

mm.JPG

Your images are not same aspect-ratio so the layout looks cluttered.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Justinbowns 

You want to tell a story on your home page filled with awesome images. There is lots of potential when you do this. If you want a detailed review check out the link below. 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/pages/website-review

Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1207 60 359

This is an accepted solution.

Hi ! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

You have put a lot of work into your website, and I absolutely love the strong branding. 

The sliding images look slightly blurry:

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 05.05.53.png

Consider reuploading them as larger files in the correct dimensions to preserve the best quality.

Font - opt for web-safe font, that is non-decorative. Sans serif font is the safest to use on the web.

User experience is a big part of SEO and Google might actually mark down your website for having a font that’s not easy to read for all users [those visually impaired in particular], which might indicate your website is not accessible for all users.

You have too many promo images fighting for the attention of your visitors:

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 05.09.21.png

This means their attention is being divided into many places at the same time, so their focus is not on any particular promo. It can actually work against the conversion rate [sales] and give your website a very cheap old-fashioned market stall seller feel.

Modern stores make the most of the ‘white space’ and have a minimalist approach when it comes to displaying their products and promotions. In retail less is more, as the more you have to choose from, the more your customers feel overwhelmed and might experience “analysis paralysis” which can kill sales.

Check this article: How to boost online sales by giving fewer options

The magnetic eyelashes promo is also blurry and looks very old-fashioned:

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 05.14.09.png

Additional sliding images promo has the text cropped out of view, which give it a bit sloppy look:

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 05.15.46.png

Make sure to keep an eye on these little details as they tell your visitors whether you look after your store and maintain it, which can also help you boost sales.

I agree with the previous comment regarding cropping the product images to the same height, it will give you a more polished and professional look, which will help you improve your sales as well:

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 05.18.31.png

Refund policy - consider writing a unique policy here instead of featuring default Shopify policy, which mentions items you are not selling:

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 05.19.00.png

It will help you build trust, tailor the content to your own store and avoid any duplicate content issues, which might affect your Google rank. 

Contact us page - make sure to use a professional email address [such as contact@barkandbougie.com] instead of a free one. It’s a great way to build trust as an established business. You can create a custom email address matching your domain with G-Suite - learn how to do it here: https://youtu.be/j_0ho2PUyTI 

Consider also using page.contact as a template for this page in your Shopify admin, so the contact form is displayed automatically. This way people can contact you directly from your website. Also consider hyperlinking your email address for a one-click contact - see the step-by-step instructions here: how to hyperlink email address

About us page - consider adding this page as well with info about your company, and about your team. It can help you build trust further and improve your conversion rate. It’s a great place to introduce yourself and tell your visitors who’s behind the scenes. This page is perfect for building trust, so don’t miss out on the opportunity to build a rapport with your customers. Trust plays a huge role for online shoppers - people love to know who they are buying from and a great About us page can help you earn extra points and improve your conversion rate. Make sure to add a photo of yourself and your team and tell your visitors some interesting facts about each of the team members. 

Blogging - you have a perfect niche for blogging. Consider posting articles more regularly. This is a great way to keep your visitors on the website for longer, and also to get more traffic from Google from people interested in these topics. 

Blogging is powerful - it helped me get to Google page #1 in only four days with this blog post: Breadcrumbs in SEO. I discuss how to write articles that rank on page #1 in my Facebook group 30 Days 2 Page 1 - join it now!

Your SEO score is 53/100

Your homepage Google snippet [meta title + meta description] is not defined yet:

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 05.26.13.png

Make sure to have a more specific meta title, as it currently mentions your brand name twice.

Meta description at the moment is a string of keywords, which might actually hurt your ranking. Make sure to use it to describe your business and your products and prompt people to click your listing. Google snippet is displayed in the search results and is often the first element people see when they find you in Google. Make sure to optimize it to get people’s attention with the right CTA and prompt them to click your listing and your competitors. 

Also, work on the amount of content on your website - through regular blogging and adding more pages - that gives Google more reasons to keep checking your website and crawling it again:

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 05.28.20.png

Google loves written content, so blogging regularly can help you improve your SEO. 

Image alt tags - make sure to add descriptive SEO friendly alt tags to each new image you upload. That’s a great way to improve your SEO [Google will be able to understand what each image represents] and make your website more accessible for the users who browse with images switched off.

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Not a pro by any means but I was annoyed right away by the amount of pop-ups, on mobile. I would do either the spin wheel or the BOGO but not both
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

You rock. Thank you so much. I getting to work right away. I am very greatful for your time. I am a rookie who used to be a chef. I need to get away from menu design and focus more on less options and more direction. Thank you once again. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1207 60 359

- pleasure, glad I could help! If you're stuck with applying changes, let me know, as offer complete in-house website design and SEO optimization :)

0 Likes
Highlighted

I appreciate your openness to asking for feedback!

I see it's been about a month since your last tap into this, so I figured some fresh critique could be useful.

From strictly a design perspective, I am seeing too many fonts at hard-to-read sizes.

I suggest 1 decorative font to be used in a larger size for titles only, and 1 sans serif font in a smaller to medium size for paragraphs.

The limit for any design piece should be 3 fonts total, no more.

I agree with earlier comments regarding main images for your products-- they all need to be the same proportion.

Bump up logo size to minimum 150 px, possibly more due to the intricacy of it.

Intricate logos tend to display best in larger sizes, which is why a strong logo is reduced of as many lines/shapes as possible because it can still look great in smaller sizes.

Finally, remove all text from all images. You don't need it because your titles, paragraph copy, and buttons should be telling the story.

If you need any help with these items please don't hesitate to reach out.

I specialize in working with startups to help establish branding, online presence, and marketing strategies.

KailaSachse.com

Working with small businesses to establish branding, online presence, and strategy for marketing and operations.
0 Likes