Please give me feedback on my store! Details Below 😊

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hey everyone,

After about 6 months of hard work I have finally completed my shop and started to advertise. Please give me your opinion. I'm always willing to learn and make adjustments and I really don't know how I feel about it. If it's good or not. Of course through trial I will find this out, but hey, you guys are the best I can ask for to critique it and your eyes are different then my own.  

About my products: part of the 6 month process as me creating the designs for just about everything and getting the mockups. It is print on demand, therefore, made per order request. 

www.Travelandfunworld.com

A few questions I have in mind...

The most important: Does my website look legit? Or some cheap shopify quickly made site? On first impression?

Is the home page presentable? 

Does the homepage background image look as bad as I think (on mobile)? 

What would your impression be as a customer? 

If i send people to my site through ads, would they stay? Obviously that's tough to answer lol maybe i just wish they would! 

1 Like
Astronaut
749 46 171

Hi ,

Your store looks really funky and the products are different.

Your website does'nt look like cheap anyhow,it is worth appreciating and even on mobile devices.I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Try reducing the size of your logo, its taking a lot of space and thus making the home page less user friendly.
  2. Try to reduce font size in the footer as through the website as well on individual product's page.
  3. Two menus does,nt look great either.You can merge them in parallel with logo as it will save a lot of space .
  4. Make sure your social media follow section opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  5. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  6. Policy tab on products description looks monotonus ,you can reduce font and make headings bold.
  7. The default search landing page https://travelandfunworld.com/search?q=  is bit off, I mean it's irrelevant. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  8. Lastly, You have over 400 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

Neha,

Thank you for your descriptive advice and attention to detail. It is truly great and I will be rereading it over and over again as well as check out the advanced search application. 

Just to clarify, funky is not a bad thing right? What do you think about the image on the homepage and the light blue on the top of the image? I will see how flexible my theme (Showtime by Mile High Themes) is and what I can do. 

0 Likes
Astronaut
749 46 171

@mikemorg55 wrote:

Neha,

Thank you for your descriptive advice and attention to detail. It is truly great and I will be rereading it over and over again as well as check out the advanced search application. 

Just to clarify, funky is not a bad thing right? What do you think about the image on the homepage and the light blue on the top of the image? I will see how flexible my theme (Showtime by Mile High Themes) is and what I can do. 

Happy to help you.

Not at all , Funky is cool .I guess!Light blue looks good.

Were you able to download sparq?, You can get it from here. Let me know if you need any help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
49 3 16

Hi @mikemorg55 ,

Your products are adorable, I love it.

The logo and Font look unprofessional to me, you can consider taking the others feedback as well.

I'm surprised to see "clocks" are coming as product recommendation when I was browsing the backpack collection from your catalog. Please check that area. I can recommend an app for this "Upsell with AI Recommendations". This app is recommending products with it's AI algorithm. There is no manual task need to point the products which all should come as recommendations. In addition, it will help you upsell those products. So that you can ensure AOV during each checkout. Link: https://apps.shopify.com/recommend-similar-looking-products

Good luck :)

Technology Consultant, Turing Analytics
shyam@turingiq.com
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. May I ask, in what ways does the logo and the font look unprofessional? 

Thank you for your compliment on my products.

Regards,

Mike

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

Because I am curious if you mean the logo looks unprofessional in size or the logo itself

@ShyamRashun wrote:

Hi @mikemorg55 ,

Your products are adorable, I love it.

The logo and Font look unprofessional to me, you can consider taking the others feedback as well.

I'm surprised to see "clocks" are coming as product recommendation when I was browsing the backpack collection from your catalog. Please check that area. I can recommend an app for this "Upsell with AI Recommendations". This app is recommending products with it's AI algorithm. There is no manual task need to point the products which all should come as recommendations. In addition, it will help you upsell those products. So that you can ensure AOV during each checkout. Link: https://apps.shopify.com/recommend-similar-looking-products

Good luck :)

0 Likes
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hello Mike,

I just joined community forum just to see if others having problems with shopify's displaying of our images in a very "washed-out/drab" way, decided to check some feedback sites - just a quick feedback, I'm in the minority of just desk/lap-top users to shop online, and so my opinion is based on that, your product images display quite vibrantly (which is good), but your main image on your home-page, not only is it dark but the trees take up so much of the screen before I've scrolled down to where the camper van is going down the road - I was unable to make out the picture instantly before strolling.   I think for a better visual greeting, maybe consider cropping the main bulk of trees in the image to mainly the camper van (which is what aligns with your travel ethos) so it's what you see first.  The picture as you have it may work well on full visual (like on a wall), but I don't think it works well on scrolling screen with the top part being very dark and not very well defined.  I would also lighten the picture so you see the contrasting shadows better with the camper van.  The rest of your website/shop worked really well.  Good luck, Yasmin

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi Yasmin

Thank you for you input. I definitely agree with what you said and I actually made that image bigger because it looks better on the mobile. But the cost of that is that now you have to scroll down on the desktop. Perhaps i'll just change it back. I do admit though, that i'm more of a desktop person and I like my design much more on the desktop. On the mobile is what I really have an issue with. 

1 Like