Please give me feedback! :)

malk
Tourist
12 0 1

Hello all,

I am new here, and I launched my store a few weeks ago. It's been going OK, I keep tweaking it every day, but I'd love to honest feedback from this community. Also, my last dilemma is that I want to add "infinite scroll" feature to my collections pages, but I can't figure out how. I'm not very technical so coding is an issue... Can someone please help? I'm using the Brooklyn theme. Thank you! 

https://shopmalk.com/

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 328

Hey @malk,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

That top part of your website is prime real estate, it's your visitors first impression. I'd recommend swapping out the background image for one that shows one of your products instead.

malk-home.png

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

I see you have active social media accounts which is great! You can use Shopify sales channels to make it even easier for a person to get to the cart when they see something they like on your Facebook or Instagram. It's also a great place to "test the waters" with your POD options. You can post quotes and/or images and see how much engagement it gets. Offer your most popular ones on clothing items.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

vinods
Shopify Partner
499 10 86

Hi @malk 

Firstly try to keep the pagination instead of infinite scroll or if you are planning to keep infinite scroll then it is recommended to keep a load more button for loading more products as infinite scroll am saying this keeping in mind user behaviour. Hope you understand. 

Let me know if I can help you to setup the same either infinite scroll with load more button or pagination on Collection pages. 

I saw your products and website too. Below is my feedback.

Good products.

Add material info on all clothing products.

Add contact address of your store. Phone number and email id. 

How long does it take for shipping in ur local country example If your store is in USA how long is shipping time ?  Add that. 

Get rid of the footer area product upsell 

Add discount coupon in promo area. 

Let me know if you need further help in promoting ur products online via digital channels. 

Thank you.

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
Simile
Excursionist
38 0 6

Hello!

Love the store and the products. Not sure why you would want to add infinite scroll to your page.

Is there a particular reason for it? 

Another option to consider here would be to include more Upsell functions, Personalization or Bundling. 

By adding out personalization app for example, your store can feature more products on the front page but they will also be

personalized to each individual visitor that you get on your store. 

Check out our apps here: Simile!

If you have any concerns or require additional customization our team would be happy to assist you.

Happy selling!

malk
Tourist
12 0 1

Thank you very much, very helpful!

0 Likes
malk
Tourist
12 0 1

Thank you very much, this is so  helpful! I wanted an infinite scroll because I don't like how my collections get cut off and then a person needs to click onto the next page to see more. How would I add a view more button? Also, what do you mean get rid of the upsell in the footer? 

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
499 10 86

Hi @malk 

To add a load more button on which when the user will click it will show more products this needs to be done on collection liquid template. 

There are multiple codes for it. It's will take approximately 3 to 4 hours minimum to add the same including testing after adding the code. 

Let me know if I can help you with the same.

When you go on your home page check footer area you will see you have added an app which is showing products in footer it does not look good just avoid it 

Make the site look professional as it is. 

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 214 669

Hello @malk, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions:

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

You should add a loyalty program in your store. Many brands have started using the loyalty program to build long term relationships with their customers. To make customers purchase from you again you have to give them rewards and loyalty points. You can give welcome points, on allowing for push notification, on a sign-up, on following or sharing on social media, and many other activities. Engage them with gratification and build relationships with your customers by offering such kinds of rewards. It will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers, reviews, social media presence. 

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

Hi @malk ,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

RichardNguyen_0-1607585140071.png

When I visit your website and scroll down, the header disappears. The menu should be displayed on this place or you can find the way to stick it on the left side. It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.

RichardNguyen_1-1607585139976.gif

2. Add more navigation tabs on the header

In the future, if you have more product types, you should put some tabs to show your product, for example, T-shirt types or pants, trousers, etc. This gives a clear idea/outline of what they're selling to their customers right the moment customers land on their page. You can take a look at the homepage of Laneige US (https://us.laneige.com/). They have navigation tabs like Skincare, Lipcare, Makeup, Bestsellers, etc.

RichardNguyen_2-1607585139972.png

3.  You need a more suitable banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. That content is hard to see your banner now.

What should you do?

- Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers

- Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling.

-  You can use a slideshow if you have many products to show.

4.Optimize the product detail with corresponding images and drop-down menu

You should use corresponding images to show your product variants. That makes your customers easily see what they have just chosen and make a quick buying decision.

RichardNguyen_3-1607585139246.png

Besides, using a drop down menu for product variants is a better choice in this case. The customer doesn't need to scroll down to click Add to cart or Buy now.

RichardNguyen_4-1607585138987.png

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here : Personalize Your Homepage (link)

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly  is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies.

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

Growave
Shopify Partner
929 25 310

Hi @malk !

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well. 

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes