Please give me some feedback on my website www.outdoor-livin.com.au

Tourist
5 0 1

Hi All

I hired a guru to design my website a while ago and was promised that this would lead to major increase in web traffic and so far I have had little success.

Could I have your honest feedback please! www.outdoor-livin.com.au

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
438 19 51
Hey, I just took a glance at your store. I feel you need to work a lot on your store. Starting from the top, you need to put up a favicon. You can add a slider of images and add featured products to it. Also, you can add video for top-selling products to make it more creative and interactive. The header looks weird. The navigation menu is complicated. The home page layout is not professional, you need to follow the professional layout. Your store is too short to scroll. You need to add some more sections like- Slideshow Image Collection List Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with a link to about page ) Newsletter Sign Up Popular Products Also, the footer is too broad. Reduce the size of the footer and add some more things. The purpose of a website footer is to help visitors by adding information and navigation options at the bottom of web pages. It must have quick links to social media, contact us & about us page, privacy policies, return policies, login, site map, navigation menu, etc. Lastly, work on the engagement part and bring the traffic towards your store.
Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
123 7 12

Hi, @laurentF

Thank you for reaching out to the community about this! I took a look at your site, and I would be happy to offer some suggestions. First, you've done a great job so far! I can tell that you've put a lot of work into it, and it's coming along quite nicely. Below are some suggestions that will help you take that user experience to an even higher level: 

• Your "message us" button is currently covering the copyright section of your footer when the customer scrolls down to the bottom of the page. If it's possible with the current design of the store, I would recommend relocating that button to a different placement so that your copyright message doesn't get cutoff. You can see how to change the placement of that button in our help doc here. Alternatively, you might be able to move the copyright message over slightly so that they both fit into this part of the footer. If you're using a free Shopify theme and are currently on a paid plan with us, let me know and I can ask our themes team if this would be possible. If not, you can also contact your theme developer or one of our Shopify Experts to do that for you.
  • Adding a few more sections to your homepage as well is another way to really improve a customer's experience on your storefront. You've featured some key products there, which is definitely important! However, your home page is also a buyer's first impression of both your store and your brand, so you want this to be a high quality experience for them. I suggest hopping over to group of examples stores here, where you can get a good idea of how adding some additional sections can help the aesthetic of your homepage. 
  • Add a "frequently asked questions" (FAQ) page. A customer may have a question, but doesn't want to email or message you and have to await a response - they want an immediate answer. For some buyers this can mean they won't complete their purchase. Adding an FAQ page means, for at least some customers, the answers to those questions are easy to access and they don't need to wait for a response from you. Check out this post on writing a good FAQ page! 
  • I recommend adding some creative product descriptions as well. Your products currently list product details such as materials used and size charts, and this information is very useful to the buyer. However, to increase conversions and create a better user experience, you will want to write your own unique products descriptions for each product. This will help to build a voice for your brand, increase your customer's trust in the product, and also compel them to buy the products. You can take a look at our blog post here about writing product descriptions that sell.
  • You'll also want to double check your grammar and spelling before publishing each product, as there may be a few typos here and there. For example, one product is titled "Men's Running Shorts" and the other is titled "Men Casual Shorts". You'd want to keep that consistent, which both being "Men's" (plural). The easiest way to check all of your titles at once will be to navigate in your admin to Products > Select all products > Edit products > Add fields > Title > Make any necessary edits > Save. 

These tips are a good place to start, and will help ensure conversions when you start receiving more traffic to your store. Once you've implemented those changes, take a look at this page for some strategies to drive traffic. Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1
Thank you much appreciated
1 Like
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi

Thanks for the advice much appreciated. I hired Thrifter(Shopify
recommended guru's) to design my website for top optimization, design and
many more.

So I did hire a professional to do the work a few months back Unfortunately
the changes they made has not produced any fruits and was a complete
waste of time and money.

Have a got recourse with Thrifter?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
123 7 12

Hi, @laurentF

Thank you for your response! I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with them; do you know if the person you were working with was a Shopify Expert, or a Shopify Partner? I would be happy to reach out to you via email and look into this with you. Otherwise, let me know if you have any questions about the tips I provided above; they should give you a great place to start for increasing those conversions! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi Brie
The person working on my website was listed as a Shopify expert from
Thrifter name Pravena.
Regards
Laurent F
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
123 7 12

Hi, @laurentF

Thank you for your response. I've just sent you an email directly; if you'd like to respond there then we can have this looked into for you. Thank you! 

0 Likes