Hi @vtkidz !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. Add a favicon
2. Add clear CTAs to your hero banner. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
3. You have placed too much products on the homepage.
4. Add login icon on the homepage
5. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
6. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
7. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.
8. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
9. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
10.Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
11. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
12. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Congratulations for your store!
Hope following suggestions will help you.
if you need any help in shopify store customization please contact us.
Congratulations for your store! I just had a look at your store. Its amazing! Below are some of my thoughts.
Menu - Menu and its label have a great impact on the user. Menu structure needs to be fixed, you can add information such as ‘About us’, ‘Contact Us’, “Home section/Icon’, etc. all these items on the menu for easy navigation to users and to provide information to search engines.
Homepage: Check the homepage flow, above the fold and below the fold content should be strategically decided. You can add favicon on the homepage.
Product Page: Product description formatting is a bit messed up. It should be nicely spaced so that buyers find it visually appealing. You can display the extended details using tabs rather than a chunk of text. Think about how you can concisely convey and highlight the most important information.Organize the collection of your product images. Insert images into carousels.
Social Media: Integrating social plugins on your website to increase traffic. Create social media pages of your business it helps to reach more customers. Social media makes your business visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with your new and existing users.
Live Chat Support: Integrate live chat support on your website. A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers.
Speed - To increase visitors you need to work on your website performance’s speed as I am seeing it is very low, 54%. It should be above 60%. Also, you need to optimize website images. It will improve the user experience. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate.
I hope you like it!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Eunice here from the Shopify team. I'd love to provide you with some feedback on your store, but first, I'd just like to give you a huge congratulations! Launching your store is an exciting time; your entrepreneurial journey has truly begun!
I've had a peek, and I think it's off to a great start. I love the bright colors, it's very eye-catching. However, there are some things you could look at changing to increase the chances of getting some sales, which I've outlined below:
I can tell straight away from your domain and your storefront that your business caters to kids, but I'm not sure who your target market is. Is it parents of children, or women interested in purses? I recommend checking out this free course from Shopify Compass. In this course, you'll learn how to create your customer avatar, how to find your niche market and the benefits of niching your business. I feel this course will really help you establish your target market.
Looking good, but I recommend avoiding listing all your products on your homepage. The reason being is because it can be too much content for the general shopper to absorb. They don't know exactly what they want yet. They've just arrived, so ease them into your store, introduce your brand, and categorize your products in a way that makes sense. The brain loves organization! Have a go at creating some collections and then adding them to your store. Also, I recommend checking out these two great blogs for tips on improving product imagery and product descriptions.
Have you thought about adding an about us page, and a contact page? A good about us page should include who you are, your why, what you sell, and what your mission is. A contact page allows customers to get in touch with you, they may never need to, but it increases their trust if they know they can contact you, if their order is late, for example. I also recommend adding a shipping policy so your customers can view your shipping rates and times.
Do you have a Facebook page or an Instagram account for your business? Social media is personally my favorite marketing tool, it's so powerful! It's also my favorite way of connecting with customers. It can feel like a whole new world to discover, and it can be a tad overwhelming, so to get started I recommend checking out this beginner's guide on how to create a social media marketing strategy. Once you have a strategy in place, and you've connected your Facebook page and Instagram page to your Shopify account, you may like to run some ads. The great thing about advertising on social media is that you can determine who's going to see your ad by marketing to your target audience. Check out this step by step guide to running your first campaign on Facebook to get going.
There's always something new to learn about e-commerce, I advise bookmarking Shopify Compass, it contains heaps of free training resources and it's a great place to level up! I also advise going through the essential Shopify store launch checklist. Even though you've already launched, it might be a good idea to make sure you've not forgotten anything, like placing a test order. You may also want to write up a business plan if you don't already have one. Business plans are a roadmap for launching and growing a business. Check out this great blog for tips on how to write yours.
Thank you for being open to feedback, I hope it's been helpful to you and your business. If you have any questions please feel free to respond here!
All the best,
Hi @vtkidz !
Welcome to the Shopify community.
I looked at your websites and the products you sell looks appealing.
I'm sure with the advices such as blog, product badges, about us and product review, etc mentioned above, you website would look amazing. However you should really consider on navigation and categorizing your product to a couple pages, such as: "accessories", "dress", "socks", etc, which could provide customers with a clearer navigation and better user experience because I got a little messed up as I try to look into all the products you sell, if I was a customer that wanted to buy something specific that would cause inconvenience.
Furthermore, once you start executing marketing strategy like Facebook ads and doing blog contents which could drive great amount of organic traffic, you can starting using Retargeting campaign. Retargeting campaign helps you re-engage with your audience and potential customers who previously interacted or showed interest in your products. By using a variety of creative ads to target these potential audiences and reach to conversion of purchase. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. Ako Retargeting is a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. You can learn about this Ako Retargeting here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/what-is-ako-retargeting-c43bda83143b.
Hope this helps!