Kinda new here! I started my store in November and have had a few sales here and there. I unfortunately had to change suppliers, which meant doing an overhaul on the products that were offered. Now that I have two great suppliers sales have dropped. I create ads using social media (FB, Insta, Pinterest), however, my ROAS is horrible so I have sorta given up on that for now and am trying to focus on getting my SEO fixed so that I can get more organic views. I would really appreciate getting some feedback on my store - https://camleyllc.com/ from those that are not in my immediate circle and who won't just tell me what I want to hear.
Thanks so much!
Hello @camleyllc, Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.
I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?
Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.
Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender, and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.
My suggestions are:
The background image that you have used on every page of your website is very distracting to the eyes of the visitor. Although the image is relevant, it makes the texts on the page less visible. Using the image as the banner will be more effective.
The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly. You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder so that they catch the eye more easily.
You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.
A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter.
Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.
Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.
The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing. Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.
Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying.
People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.
Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder. I just take a look at your store and want to give you some comments on it. Hope it helpful for you.
- Put the search field and cart icon in the menu bar. Make the header sticky. Sticky header helps customers easily access to menu navigation and see all product links or other pages you're having although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.
- The hero section (above-fold-area) is important cause its the 1st thing your visitors will see so Id advise you on making this hero banner as impressive as it could be. I'd suggest you to make the logo smaller and then put the slideshow you have underneath on top
- The background of your homepage sometimes make the text hard to read
- You should consider to add other section like "About Us' (with image), 'Feature Product', 'Social Proof'
2. Product List Page
- Add Star rating (when you have) + CTA button (eg: SHOP NOW, ADD TO CART, etc.) underneath the products
- Include secondary hover image
3. Product page
- Each product should have 3-5 additional images to deliver more angles for customers (you have 3 images in total so I'd suggest you add more real picture (not white-background-pictures)
4. Store speed
I did some test on your store speed, you could check the result here: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fulrr3m791. You should base on this result and enable some tactics that really help your store which are lazy loading, image compression, etc.
That's all I have to say, if you find it helpful please give me a like or mark this as solution! I don't know which app you're using to build your store but you can try the app I'm working on - PageFly.
If you find my comment useful, you can like or mark it as a solution. Have a great day!
Hello @camleyllc, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions:
- There is a lot of blank space in the header.
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
To add a section of new/ trending/ recently viewed products you can install AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.
- Improvise the product descriptions:
- You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, following or sharing on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.
Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.
- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!