We have been operating for a month and a half now and just completed our 40th order. Which to us is a small win to celebrate!
We want to grow our business further and get more sales through organic traffic. Our site doesn't get any traffic unless we post on our social media or resort to paid advertising.
I feel like we're missing out on a lot of potential customers. What are your tips for better ranking on google/improving SEO for our site?
Also, our conversion rate currently sits at 1.24% is this standard or is there a way to increase this?
Add to cart - 7.3%, reach checkout - 2.86% and converted 1.24%
We appreciate any feedback and help we can get. I need the criticism!
Congratulations for your store!
Hope following suggestions will help you.
I've seen your store and here is my view:
- Add some featured products on your home page. Your products are beautiful, so maybe your customers want to watch immediately when they visit the home page.
- I see your gallery and it's amazing. It would be great if you can tag products on it.
- The product sliders are too long I suppose. Your customers don't want to scroll too much to watch all.
- You can try to boost your conversion rate in many ways:
+ Use the popup to show discount codes
+ Add a discount box in your cart page or mini cart
Hope it helps
I hope you're doing great!
I would be happy to solve your problems, Please give me a suitable time to discuss about your issues.
Also, add me over Skype id- live:jennifer.wcoast or Drop me an Email- email@example.com
I look forward to your response!
Hi @Miilestones welcome to Shopify family
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also getting a social media influencer to promote your merch is also a good way to get high traffic to your store.
2. I noticed that the product descriptions are not descriptive, A brief info about the product is required. Why? Because you can use potential keywords in such circumstances that are likely used on search engines. (try out this https://kwfinder.com/ to find phrases that are related to the keyword and also have a high search volume.) This will help increase organic traffic (google)
3. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
4. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse the homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency.
5. Invite customers to be part of your community. Also having a blog, getting out articles, and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.
6. Use alerts / push-notifications to increase sales. Studies have found that these alerts can boost your app open-rates by 25% and app retention by 92%. A simple alert for updates and sales can benefit sales a lot. Make sure though, that they're not spammed when 3-4 alerts on the website.
I hope this helps!
1.24% conversion rate is below average from what I've seen, but it all depends on your specific niche or clothing.
I like some but not all of the ideas posted here by other posters.
Two separate things here:
1. To improve your ranking for SEO, first if you haven't signed up for Google Search Console, sign up for that and get that set up for tracking your keyword ranks. Next google ranks your page on numerous factors including content, images, etc. Google builds your page ranking on SEO.
For new content:
Search Engine Optimization is a slow process, so you won't notice a difference after a short time, but you will be able see the results over months.
2. Improving Conversion Rate:
There's a lot of the process we can't see.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We also do video replays, so you will be able to collect replay videos of your customers, journey through your website to know who, why, where your customers are dropping off. Time to stop doing guess work.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.
Hi @Miilestones !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. I love your logo, and product images. Very good!
2. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
3. I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from
4. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
5. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
6. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
7. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
8. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this p
Hi congratulations on opening the new store!
As you are targeting customers globally, you may consider geo targeting strategy on your website to engage with your customers globally and boost conversion rates. You can display location-specific content, for example, customised announcement bar at the top of the page displaying your shipping policy, like "Free shipment to XX city" according to your visitors locations. Or, display customised pop-ups showing discount/promotions to visitors from targeted markets, provide local currencies/languages according to visitors' countries, etc. It brings local to your international visitors immediately, help build trust of your website, and strong supports visitors' purchase devisions.
IP geolocation tools, Geo Targetly, for instance supports Shopify platform and provides a set of tools can help you easily achieve this.
If you are interested about details of geo targeting practices, you may refer to the post: https://geotargetly.com/blog/benefits-of-using-geolocation-ip-in-e-commerce