Please provide feedback on my store

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

My store has been launched for several months now with only 1 sale so far. I sell vintage items and have a perfect rating on a different platform but seem to be failing miserably on this one. I understand that my photos are not up to par so I'm trying to remedy that with better equipment. However, I am getting traffic from advertising with some reaching checkout, but my conversion rate is pretty much zero. I would appreciate some constructive criticism about my shop, and what changes I may need to make. Sam's Oldies but Goodies 

Thank you in advance!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

Your product is great, it's the layout that needs a little creativity. Maybe you can look at other peoples shops and pick a front page theme that you can have a main picture at the top or a slideshow that represents your main products.  A paragraph of who you are that makes the site more personal to potential customers. And if you can make your photos the same size and use the same background color.  Shopify has some really great education videos.  I am so new to this and I hope my little bit of feed back helps.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Thanks for the tips! I'm working on revamping my pics and will look into a slideshow. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
348 27 102

Hello @SamanthaF,

I've taken a look at your store. Your store is already looking great. I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.

2. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.

3. Add product slideshow or banner on the Home page will make the store look more professional.

4. Instead of just listing products on Home page, show different sections like Featured Collection, New Arrivals, Hot Sellers, etc and add a few products in each of these sections. 

5. You can add testimonials on the Home page to make the store look more professional.

6. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic

7. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.

8. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.

9. A FAQ would be useful!

10. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

11. Increase the width of form in the Contact Us page and also add an email id or address on that page.

12. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products. 

13. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

14. Remove "> "> from top left corner.

screencapture-samsoldiesbutgoodies-collections-children-and-teen-2020-05-07-03_51_08.png

15. Add filters in collection pages to helps your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 79 results indexed by Google. But your website has 425+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. It used to take years to get your content found by Google and major search engines. Not any more. Doing SEO once is virtually useless.

To get in front,and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @SamanthaF ,

I've reviewed your store & I must say that your vintage products are looking great. However, I noticed some crucial things that should be fixed in order to improve your store conversion rate.

I noticed that the homepage looks like a collection page. I understand that you want people to see your products immediately when they go to your site. But it might not engage them to buy the products. It would be better if you create a homepage to tell about your brand story, what you're selling & the introduction of some featured products on a single page. It will definitely help to increase the conversion rate on your store.

image.png

The favicon is missing here, please consider to update this because it gives your site a distinctive identification that visitors will likely remember. You can take a quick look at how to add a favicon here.

image.png

The value proposition of your store here should be highlighted so that it won't recede into the background.

I know that you've just started to build your website for these items & I also know that there are a lot of things you can experiment with your website to increase the conversion rate. Please move forward & see how it goes, then you can come back to the community to get more insightful feedbacks for your store ;)

I hope my recommendations will help you in some ways. Feel free to let me know if you have any concerns.

Best regards!

Marketing Manager at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group
- [Tutorial]: Build an effective homepage with PageFly.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you for the input! Lots of great info here and definitely have a lot of work to do. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you for these recommendations, great info! I appreciate all this feedback from all who posted and will definitely be incorporating everyone's ideas into my shop. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
348 27 102

@SamanthaF,

Glad to help. Wishing you all the best with your store :)

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes