Please provide feedback on my website - ComfyBlankets.net

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I would really apprecite if you would provide your feedback on my website: www.comfyblankets.net.

I have less than 1% conversion rate from all the traffic. I thought the issue was related to the pricing first, so I decreased the prices, but added a flat fee for shipping (shipping was included in the price first). The products prices are lower than competition. I am not sure what the problem might be. 

I have also tried Facebook ads and promoted Instagram posts, re-targeting using the KIT app. I do not see that this translated into sales though. My bounce rate is 64% that is quite high. 

Thank you in advance.

Diana 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2

The sites looks ok and easy to navigate and a good url. I just wonder about competing online with brick and mortar that sell the same products where people can feel the product. Especially when walmart are selling them dirt cheap. A lot of people think brick and mortar is dead and everyone is online which isn't true. You can throw amazon in there too.

IMO you're in a tough niche, I'm not sure I would buy a blanket online. I don't know the price of blankets so I don't know where you are in price point. My site is also under 1% so take my comments for what they're worth. You can buy blankets almost anywhere, are they an impulse item where people don't go out looking for one but see one they have to buy, something their kids would like etc. What us online retailers have to realize is that people still like to shop unless they get a real bargain online. Blankets aren't something people buy often. I was told to be in a niche where people are passionate about something, although I thought I was and my store has abysmal sales. Will they have to buy a blanket on your store or look around next time they're out, not a necessity at the time, just some observations.

Although I am proving I couldn't sell water to a marathon runner in the desert.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you for your feedback. From a product standpoint, you cannot find this product at Walmart. It's more of a high-end item (Merino wool and cashmere). Natural textile is far more expensive than the Acrylic and Polyester blankets you find at Walmart. It would cost walmart a few dollars to produce an acrylic blanket, which is not the case for natural wool. Moreover, natural wool has many health benefits and is much better quality. I started blog writing to bring awareness of the benefits.Perhaps I should focus more on the content to educate the consumer. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2

Ok I didn't read that far into the site for that. You would really have to sell the health benefits on someone to sell them an expensive blanket.

Would most middle income earners spend a lot on blankets, hard to say, unless you're going upscale. The good part is it's not breakable during shipping. I have spent a lot on my store and just realizing it was a waste as my conversion rate is where yours is after spending a tonne on it. Don't get too attached to the site if it's not working. Not all succeed, I'm learning that too late, good luck with it.

Plus if you hire someone they will always tell you they can make it work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback. Good luck with your site as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2

Thanks but it appears in the buriel stage.  ;-(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2

Your site is quite nice imo, easy to navigate, thorough descriptions, maybe try adding videos if you have samples or do you drop ship?

0 Likes