Please provide feedback on my yoga mat handbag store :)

3 0 0

Hi everyone!

Could you please provide feedback on my store: www.saialondon.com

I have just made this open to the public, but would love to get your feedback before I start investing in paid advertising this weekend. All feedback would be very welcome - I would rather iron out the kinks now rather than waste cash advertising if there are weaknesses in the site.

By the way - the yoga mat bags are noted as being for 'pre-sale' at the moment. This is because the first shipment is currently being loaded into our 3PL's warehouse.

Thank you all so much in advance.

Kristina

0 Likes

Hi Kristina 

As for paid marketing I normally like to test with free marketing strategies first before going into paid. Just to make sure the site is set up well. Really depends on your budget. 

As for the website few areas to work on. 

• Home Page (needs to flow better) 
  • Site Navigation (needs some tweaks) 
  • Product page could be slightly better but overall is pretty good

I'll also send you email going over these areas in more detail. 

I love how you will be donating some of the money. That is awesome. Overall there is a really good message about the site. I'd highlight that more. 

Keep up the good work and good luck on launch. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Kristina

Really great job on the website, store and brand so far. Use to live in London for 2 years working on ecom brands like ASOS and Jack Wills. There will always be a bit of "wasted" spend with paid ads because you will always be testing and learning as you grow the business. The best test will always people potential customers coming to your site, either they are buying or they are not. In other channels, you may not be spending money but you will invest ton of time to figure out what works for PR or influencer/blogger out reach. Here are some ways to make your store even better:

Homepage Feedback

1. I would delay the email popup to one minute to give me a bit more time to look around the homepage

2. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders. I would not have two sliders, one after another, on your homepage. 

3. I would clean up the design of your homepage a bit. The cover images you are using for blog articles don't match the same aesthetic  as your IG or slider images.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Not sure I would have the video hidden along with the product images... it will get lost if people don't click through all the other images. It could be a great a/b test to see if having the video on the homepage helps drive more sales

Your store is really polished and put together and only a tweaks are needed to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

P.S. Feel free to reach out if you want a free one hour account review after you setup your ad account. 

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
3 0 0

Clayton, thanks very much for sending the video! That was unexpected and very helpful. I'll be in touch.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Duane, thanks very much for the feedback.

I feel like the second carousel is necessary so that people  can quickly understand what the product is, get a close-up of the quality of the design, and also see its functionality.  This is something that I feel strongly about, but perhaps I am letting my own bias get in the way? It is my own design and I have put so much effort into the detail, so I recognise that there is a real risk that I am not able to be objective.

As for the 'blog photos' - this section of the homepage is not actually a blog (although it may appear that way). This is a permanent statement of our values: Empowering women, cruelty-free practices and ethical fashion. I take your point about them not matching the rest of our content, but I don't know how we could achieve that and get these core messages across?

Thank you very much again.   

0 Likes

Morning Kristina

The designs look great and it's a beautiful product. You should feel proud and want to show it off. We have a clients where we work with the founder who feels the same way about what they make. Makes total sense. I'm not saying don't show it off, I'm saying that research, video recordings and heatmaps shows that people don't stop and wait for carousels/sliders to load and slide by.

Maybe your site is one of the exceptions but it may not be. You could put the video you have on the product pages in place of that second slider. I know sliders look great because you can add tons of images and content in one area of the site but they become cluttered after a while. Just wanted to let you know the challenges of having sliders on your site.

Having a blog or a values section like you do is great. It was more the images used don't match the same style and design of the rest of your site. It was just cleaning that bit up if you wanted to. It was a section that jumped out at me as IG and the slider images had a different vibe to them.

--

Duane 

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
5 0 0
0 Likes