Please provide feedback on our Plus Size Women's Clothing Store!

4 0 0

Our site has been up for about 3 weeks with only 1 order. We've had decent traffic but not much being put in carts. Any feedback would be appreciated!

0 Likes
1 0 1

I also run a plus size online boutique and i have felt very frustrated with the conversions. I read somewhere on this blog that the more items you have the more likely you will have sales. But I'm not sure either. Your store looks great. Love the background story and cute product! Maybe run a contest in your store to get more people clicking and buying on your website. Definetly do a newsletter sign up so you have access to your customers at all times. Anything new comes in you can email it to them and they might scoop it up right away! Good luck and let me know if you get any insider secrets lol 

1 Like
Excursionist
33 0 4

You need a logo.  I would suggest that you also add featured products to your home page.  Currently, it looks a lot like a blog.

I would also suggest getting some really good quality photos of your clothing on plus size models.  No skinny ones, please!  :-)  You have some nice things but I have trouble visualizing what it would look like on my body. 

Get an email with your domain name.  Personally, I'm not going to shop at a website that's using a Yahoo email address.

I like the way that you're handling size information.  And I love your Fit Tips.

Good Luck!!

1 Like
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

First off---you have excellent taste in clothes. Your selection of merchandise is on point and would defintely appeal to stylish plussize women.  However, I think your website visuals and look-and-feel itself is detracting from your elegance and the site is coming off a little frumpy. This inconsistency might be confusing shoppers and scaring them away from making a purchase.  

This is easy to fix!!   For example I am also using shopify template(minimal) in one of my stores(sizzbling.com),.You'll notice that our stores have a different vibe altogether.  Here are a few ideas that you might try;

• Logo - Add a logo (as suggested by Susan) 
  • URL - Add a second, more shorter url.  For example  www.moreexes.com.  Have Shopify redirect to  moreexcusesplussizeboutique.com .  This is easier to remember and type. 
  • Main photo - Re-shoot the cover photos of your model.  She looks fab... but unhappy. Her facial expression does not say "I'm having fun".  Show her smiling or a bit flirty
  • Images - Change the product images from "grey" to white. For $1.25 each, a company like www.removethebackground.com  will edit and brigthen your images.  Images on a white background standout more and your site will feel fresh and elegant
  • Navigation -- instead of catalog, show "dresses", "tops", "outerwear", etc. as the main headers for every page.  People coming to the site will know what your are selling in one quick glance!  
  • Shipping Cost -  Change to "Shipping" since you are offering it Free
  • Testimonials - I would convert this to Product Reviews.  Install the free Shopify Product Review App.  Ask customers to comment on their purchase and your service.  This way as I am looking at an item, I can see reviews from people who bought that item without having to go to navigate away from the product page. 
  • Home Page Slide Show - You might consider adding one with 3 or 4 alternating photos.  This would allow you to easily target events(i.e Christmas, Valentine's day, etc..) without making major changes to the site.  

Overall Branding - You might want to build out  the "more excuses" brand personality.  Adding a bit of humour and sass.  This could be more of a long-term strategy.

You're on the right track ... stick with it!!

G.  

1 Like
4 0 0

We are in total agreement about using plus size women wearing our plus size clothes! Thank you for that confirmation. We are working on getting some models so hopefully we can get that started soon.

Was the sizing information easily understandable? It's a simple concept...we measure the clothes rather than trying to defing the size of the woman. But I am concerned that I was able to explain it well. 

Thanks so much for your input!

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thank you so much for your feedback! You gave us several really good and specific items to fix. And I love your sassbling.com site...young, fresh, cool. Thanks for taking the time and effort to help us out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
48 0 10

I agree with all of the above. For reviews I'd recommend checking out our app - Loox - Fashion Reviews. It's a free reviews app especially for fashion stores, since it focuses on customer photos and body details - which really helps visitors understand how items look on people like them. The app will also automatically email your customers to request reviews. 

0 Likes