Please provide some feedback on my store! :)

Oakeydokey
3 0 1

Hi all, 

I have launched my store for about 2 weeks and have ran conversion and traffic ads however, no sales. Please review my store and give my some criticism. I am open to improve any way I can! 

oakeydokeypuzzles.com

Thank you and have a great day! 

Arunesh
Excursionist
59 5 24

Hello @Oakeydokey 

Happy New Year! Hope you are doing well.

Your store looks quite alluring and professional. I've gone through your store thoroughly and I must say I found the user experience very rich and friendly. The website has been designed very meticulously and I am sure, it will be a hit in no time. 

There are very few stores like that of yours on the internet having such a beautiful concept. But I think even a website such elegant as yours need some marketing. Marketing and promotion are the second most important jobs to be done, once you've launched your website.

Some suggestions:

1. Make sure that you target the right audience when running ads.
  2. The logo is too large for mobiles.
  3. Try to add some featured products in the Home page.

We at Descrii, help startups like yours in their early stage and help them grow.

We generate Compelling Product Descriptions, generate Facebook Ad Copies, generate Google Search Ads, generate Instagram Captions, Brainstorm Growth Ideas. 

You get all these in one single place saving you a lot of valuable time. The time which you can invest in expanding your business. We will be more than happy to help you out with your queries. Kindly contact us if you need further assistance.

Well wishes!

Arunesh Kumar

Marketing Officer, Descrii 

Visit Our Website-  https://descrii.tech/

Find us on Shopify store-  https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions

Contact-  hello@descrii.tech

Descrii Description Generator
Regards and Well Wishes!
Kindly leave a Like if it helped you in any way.
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2365 139 425

Hello @Oakeydokey, I hope you are doing well! You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

Add a discount popup to entice customers with discounts. 

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
245 43 151

Hey there, @Oakeydokey!  

Congrats on the launch! You need to celebrate that it’s live and generating traffic. We can help you get more conversions, but getting started is always the hardest part. You’re already doing great! 

Now, when it come to driving traffic but not generating sales, I look at two things:

1. The traffic you’re driving
  2. The website/page people are visiting.

Let’s start with traffic. I see you’re running two ads on Facebook right now. That’s great, but I have a few suggestions for the ad itself:

• Do you have a target audience? By the look of your ad copy, it seems like you’re pretty broad. You may want to test targeting a more specific audience with more concise text for the ad that opens on that puzzle being featured. 
  • What do people go once they click on your ad? Since the landing page if your homepage, are they looking for the product being featured or are they leaving shortly after they arrive?

I would suggest using visitor behavior here. Segment your heatmaps (to see where people click/move/scroll) and session recordings (to watch a replay of each visit) by source or UTM parameter if you use them. Focus on where they are clicking and how they are moving around your store. 

Next, let’s move to your store starting on the homepage:

• Hero image: I like that you have a video playing - that’s great! However, add a CTA button and a better tagline. While “Life is like a puzzle and we are the pieces” is fine, it’s not really enticing someone to buy a puzzle.
  • Missing: I’m missing some organization here. I understand that you don’t have a super collection of puzzles. That’s okay. Maybe offer collections just for beginners or by animal. Give your visitors a chance to explore your products in different ways. 
  • Make sure you have a currency localization option on here as well. That will help with international traffic.
  • Your homepage has a lot of information, some of which isn’t necessarily helpful. I would run a poll to ask your visitors what brought them to your store today to see what is bringing them there. You can then update the sections accordingly. For example, if you see that most visitors are coming to buy gifts for other people, you have a new angle. 
  • “Our biggest sale ever” - I would remove that your 20% off is your biggest sale ever. I get the mindset behind it, but it could hurt your cause if people get turned off by it. 
  • Overall, your homepage is really, really long. Use a scroll heatmap to see how far people are scrolling and where they drop off. You can filter it by source to see if your campaigns are helping or hurting. Use a click heatmap to dive into how people click around your homepage.

Footer

• About order: It could be Contact Us, Shipping & Delivery, Track Order, and About Us. Most people are going to care about About Us last.
  • Customer Care order: FAQ, Refund Policy, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service. 
  • Customer Service hours: Since you’re based in Australia and targeting a US audience, you may want to adjust this to match when your customers are online. Also, link your email address.
  • Newsletter: Add some value here. Do they get a discount? Puzzle hints? Why should someone want to get it?
  • About Us: This is fantastic. Link to your social media and email address.
  • Shipping policy: Highlight that FREE international shipping. It blends in. 
  • Contact Us: Add a message at the top with a nice introduction/welcome and a linked email address. In the form, remove the phone number field. It has a tendency to have a high abandonment rate. 
  • Privacy Policy: You made it so close with linking everything. The only thing missed was your email address. DOH!
  • FAQ: I would increase the size of your headers/questions just a bit and decrease the spacing between it and the answer. Also, link where necessary such as to the Shipping & Delivery Page, Refund Policy, email address, etc. 

Main Navigation

• Keep About Us in the footer. You made a great page, but it’s not going to be what sells your products. 
  • Expand your options here. Instead of just Products, I would highlight collections. Like Home | Shop All | Shop By Difficulty | Shop by Animal. 
  • Separate the non-puzzle products. I would also include whatever you suggest to seal the puzzle and hang them. 
  • Use session recordings to see how people move around your store. You want to see how they get to the products and how long it takes them. 

Collection Pages

• Filters are going to help here since it’s one giant collection at the moment
  • What does A3, A4 and A5 mean? Can you not keep them together as one product with options on the product page? No one (or at least in the US) is going to know what that means! 
  • The same goes with the wooden box. I get that it’s a premium option, but it may be better to include that as an add-on for the product page rather than on here.

Product Pages

For reference, I’m on The Night Owl (A5) page. 

• Instead of A5, I would suggest sizing it by pieces. Within the description, make sure the dimensions are in metric and US measurements. 
  • Reiterate free shipping.
  • I highly suggest being able to switch between the different sizes and a premium box from within the product page. As someone who doesn’t know what A3 or A4 means, that would make it easier to settle on the size I want.
  • “Collect all the animals to discover the complete story” - I don’t get this statement. All of the animals in the puzzle or all of the animal puzzles you sell? I would just remove it. 
  • I’m missing other information like ages, difficulty level, etc. 
  • Your description is split. Twenty-five percent of it is for the actual puzzle while the remaining 75% is for your brand. I would keep it consistent and eliminate the details about your brand. Keep it only about your product. Or, if you feel it’s important, offer it in a collapsible description box. There is just way too much information here. 
  • If you use a scroll heatmap, I’m guessing that most people don’t make it even halfway down the page. 
  • Are your reviews going to generate only to the right or will it stretch across the page? I would make sure it’s stretched across the page for a better look on desktop (and hopefully mobile as well)

You’re definitely on the right path here, and you need to be proud that all of the hard work you’ve put in is paying off. Visitor behavior is going to help you really understand why people aren’t making a sale and what’s stopping them. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Oakeydokey
3 0 1

Hi @LuckyDanny 

Thank you so much for your feedbacks. They were very professional and I have taken as much as I could into account. I have designed my website and cannot thank you enough for your input. It would be greatly appreciated if you could review my new store once again: oakeydokeypuzzles.com and let me know what you think!

I will be running ads shortly and am excited to see how they go! 

Edmund

0 Likes