Please review my new site

Excursionist
31 0 1

Hi

I have just gone live with my new website dev done in Shopify with a few external customisation via Hey Carson and Storetasker etc.

I know i still have LOADS to do but would love to get some initial feedback: https://shop21.uk.com/

Many Thanks

Dan

Dan Lawrence https://DigitalNomad.Global
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
205 20 108

Hi Dan_Lawrence,

General
  • It cover a lot of space in the header so i recommend make the logo a bit smaller.
Homepage
  • I noticed that you have a newsletter subscription box. I would suggest adding a bonus (such as a discount code) to entice your site visitor to sign up.
  • You can add a live chat section instead of Facebook messenger, which is not at all suggested. It could be really irritating to go to messenger and fill credentials just for clearing some doubts.
Product
  • Your product images should all be consistent in terms of size.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
1 Like
Excursionist
31 0 1

Thanks for taking the time to comment FNLabs :) 

All good feedback , cheers

- Re the logo - yes i had considered this and it is much smaller on mobile version, and i am considering making it smaller on the desktop version too.

- Unfortunately margin is so tight i will never be able to offer discount codes for these product lines

- Great good info , i didnt know that about FB messenger not being a good chat solution so thanks :)

- Product images - i have harmonised their size as much as possible but know there are a few till needing to be done, but thanks for the head sup

All Best

Dan

1 Like

Hi Dan 

I agree with @fnLabs the Logo needs to be smaller 

Few Suggestions 

Home Page Featured Products: I'm not a fan of featured products. I would change this to "collection list" don't want visitors to land on home page straight away see prices this might make them back out of your store. If you have collection list will give visitors time to have a look around and see what you're all about first. 

Landing Page: Build custom landing page to direct you traffic too. I seen @DuaneBrown has few good ideas for landing pages.

I build landing pages bit differently. Adding value than the sales pitch. Learn more CLICK HERE suggest testing different ideas and see what works for you and your brand. 

Blogs: Cool blog you wrote. I would write more detailed blogs. I'd focus the blogs around adding value. This will help with SEO. Maggie from @Rockpapercopy is great with SEO check her out. 

Your store is one of the best I've seen in the "Feedback on my Store" Forum so far. Keep up the good work. 

I also have a blog series called "Business Inspiration" I'd be happy to feature you on this for free. Reach out if interested CLICK HERE 

View Business Inspiration Blog CLICK HERE 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Clayton Bates 10,000 Products Sold Online

Don't Miss This -->INSPIRE<--

1 Like
Shopify Partner
703 19 183

Thanks 

Get 7-day FREE trial with your SEO package! We won't charge you if you don't like it: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/seo/
1 Like
Highlighted

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage and make it shorter. You have tons of information on there right now

2. I would a/b test having the video higher on the page

Product Page Feedback

1. Add links to your return/refund policy on each product page as you do for shipping

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. Some products I saw had only 1 or 2 images

3. Move your customer reviews above your Related Products section. I don't think you need the Related Production Collections box

4. I would just have your Add To Cart button and remove Buy Now

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia: TakeSomeRisk.com. We can also help with a/b testing, CRO and analytics.
1 Like

Hi Dan,

I see that you've made some of the suggested changes here. Well done.

The homepage is quite busy. Is there any way you can lessen the text on the homepage?

I think you did an outstanding job with your product images and product copy.

I don't think it's a good idea to show the same testimonials on the homepage and all the product pages. If you have other testimonials available, you may want to use those for the product pages instead.

Overall, you did an excellent job on your site. Love the earth colours as well. I think it complements your products.

Congratulations on the launch of your site. Best of luck!

Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc
1 Like
Excursionist
31 0 1

Thanks for your feedback Clayton

ok thanks although I do want to present the most popular products which most people are most likely searching for immediately on the HP to aid conversions

I do have a collection list category page in the main menu

Landing pages - thanks for the input, yes will consider those down the line definitely, especially for paid media target pages etc but just at the point of getting my core content up and live asap which is where I am currently (thanks for the info)

Blogs, yes I just wanted to go live with at least one blog post and that may as well be a 'website relaunch' type announcement and introduction to the new website but in future yes I will be adding great blog posts. Ok thanks, I will check out @Rockpapercopy  Believe it or not I'm actually one of the first seo's in the world :) I've been seo'ing every day since 1998 but this is my first shopify store, so interested in any helps tips from shopify experienced seo's

Oh thanks, very encouraging words indeed, thanks so much :) and yes i would love to be featured on your blog , let me know what need to do to progress that ?

All Best

Dan

0 Likes
Excursionist
31 0 1

Thanks for your feedback Duane

Yes I decided to do this with what I thought was a good reason, in order to provide an opportunity for a decent amount of quality content/copy for seo reasons (a page with less than 300 words on it risks being considered thin content and also this provides an oppo to introduce the site sub sections as well as explain the brand and website a bit, then flows onto a video about the core product offer and then reasons to choose us to help instal trust further followed up by the testimonials.

Product Page:

1. Those links are in the footer so on each page - if you mean should place nearby/adjacent to the shipping link then I did consider this but thought it would make that area 'too busy', too many clickortunities to potentially distract the user from the primary conversion objective, clicking buy button rather than be distracted by other links.

2. The vast majority of my product images do have 3-5 images

3.  Ok thanks that does make sense although do want to keep related (since paid for the customisation already) and good for internal linking for on-page SEO etc

4. That buy now is part of Shopify's dynamic checkout system, it usually displays an express checkout button for whatever Shopify has detected is that users preferred payment method and when it doesn't detect that it just shows a buy button (apparently) 

Many Thanks

Dan

0 Likes
Excursionist
31 0 1

Hi J Za thanks for your comments too :)

1. HomePage Busy - as per the previous comment this is done on purpose, you really want at least 300 words on any page to avoid being considered 'thin content'.

2. Oh great thanks so much :) Yes I spent 7 months building it which was all mainly taken up by copywriting

3. I have added approx 10 testimonials with my best ones (the longest) in the front, then people can scroll across to read the remaining 6 or so should they want to see more.

Great thanks so much :)

All Best

Dan

0 Likes