I have just gone live with my new website dev done in Shopify with a few external customisation via Hey Carson and Storetasker etc.
I know i still have LOADS to do but would love to get some initial feedback: https://shop21.uk.com/
Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.
If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here.
Thanks for taking the time to comment FNLabs :)
All good feedback , cheers
- Re the logo - yes i had considered this and it is much smaller on mobile version, and i am considering making it smaller on the desktop version too.
- Unfortunately margin is so tight i will never be able to offer discount codes for these product lines
- Great good info , i didnt know that about FB messenger not being a good chat solution so thanks :)
- Product images - i have harmonised their size as much as possible but know there are a few till needing to be done, but thanks for the head sup
I agree with @fnLabs the Logo needs to be smaller
Home Page Featured Products: I'm not a fan of featured products. I would change this to "collection list" don't want visitors to land on home page straight away see prices this might make them back out of your store. If you have collection list will give visitors time to have a look around and see what you're all about first.
Landing Page: Build custom landing page to direct you traffic too. I seen @DuaneBrown has few good ideas for landing pages.
I build landing pages bit differently. Adding value than the sales pitch. Learn more CLICK HERE suggest testing different ideas and see what works for you and your brand.
Blogs: Cool blog you wrote. I would write more detailed blogs. I'd focus the blogs around adding value. This will help with SEO. Maggie from @Rockpapercopy is great with SEO check her out.
Your store is one of the best I've seen in the "Feedback on my Store" Forum so far. Keep up the good work.
I also have a blog series called "Business Inspiration" I'd be happy to feature you on this for free. Reach out if interested CLICK HERE
View Business Inspiration Blog CLICK HERE
Clayton Bates 10,000 Products Sold Online
Don't Miss This -->INSPIRE<--
Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.
Product Page Feedback
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.
I see that you've made some of the suggested changes here. Well done.
The homepage is quite busy. Is there any way you can lessen the text on the homepage?
I think you did an outstanding job with your product images and product copy.
I don't think it's a good idea to show the same testimonials on the homepage and all the product pages. If you have other testimonials available, you may want to use those for the product pages instead.
Overall, you did an excellent job on your site. Love the earth colours as well. I think it complements your products.
Congratulations on the launch of your site. Best of luck!
Thanks for your feedback Clayton
ok thanks although I do want to present the most popular products which most people are most likely searching for immediately on the HP to aid conversions
I do have a collection list category page in the main menu
Landing pages - thanks for the input, yes will consider those down the line definitely, especially for paid media target pages etc but just at the point of getting my core content up and live asap which is where I am currently (thanks for the info)
Blogs, yes I just wanted to go live with at least one blog post and that may as well be a 'website relaunch' type announcement and introduction to the new website but in future yes I will be adding great blog posts. Ok thanks, I will check out @Rockpapercopy Believe it or not I'm actually one of the first seo's in the world :) I've been seo'ing every day since 1998 but this is my first shopify store, so interested in any helps tips from shopify experienced seo's
Oh thanks, very encouraging words indeed, thanks so much :) and yes i would love to be featured on your blog , let me know what need to do to progress that ?
Thanks for your feedback Duane
Yes I decided to do this with what I thought was a good reason, in order to provide an opportunity for a decent amount of quality content/copy for seo reasons (a page with less than 300 words on it risks being considered thin content and also this provides an oppo to introduce the site sub sections as well as explain the brand and website a bit, then flows onto a video about the core product offer and then reasons to choose us to help instal trust further followed up by the testimonials.
1. Those links are in the footer so on each page - if you mean should place nearby/adjacent to the shipping link then I did consider this but thought it would make that area 'too busy', too many clickortunities to potentially distract the user from the primary conversion objective, clicking buy button rather than be distracted by other links.
2. The vast majority of my product images do have 3-5 images
3. Ok thanks that does make sense although do want to keep related (since paid for the customisation already) and good for internal linking for on-page SEO etc
4. That buy now is part of Shopify's dynamic checkout system, it usually displays an express checkout button for whatever Shopify has detected is that users preferred payment method and when it doesn't detect that it just shows a buy button (apparently)
Hi J Za thanks for your comments too :)
1. HomePage Busy - as per the previous comment this is done on purpose, you really want at least 300 words on any page to avoid being considered 'thin content'.
2. Oh great thanks so much :) Yes I spent 7 months building it which was all mainly taken up by copywriting
3. I have added approx 10 testimonials with my best ones (the longest) in the front, then people can scroll across to read the remaining 6 or so should they want to see more.
Great thanks so much :)
|an hour ago|
|an hour ago|