Please review my new store LORD & LION. 😊

Excursionist
16 0 2

Hi everyone.  We just joined Shopify and built our first e-commerce store.  Any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks In advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 37 65

Hello!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

First of all, welcome! Thanks for reaching out in the forums for feedback to help grow our community. Would you be able to share the link to your site with us? That way other forum users will be able to review the site and offer you more advice.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Excursionist
16 0 2
https://lord-lion.com/

Sorry. That would have been a good idea! 😊
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
86 6 19
Remove the pop up for random products.

Change your page background to white.

Remove dynamic checkout buttons from product page. Change your add to cart button to a bright color.

Remove the messenger pop up when an item is added to cart.

I would also google the top Shopify sites and see what their sites look like and pattern your site after them. You can also hire someone on fiverr to tell you everything your site needs done to it.
https://www.fiverr.com/s2/063bc659af?utm_source=CopyLink_Mobile
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
391 73 138

Hey, James and Carolee!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Welcome to Shopify! I can see that you've started a solid store. I love your About Us page and the way you welcome the visitors. After going through your store in depth, here are some of my suggestions. The goal is to tweak some details to improve the store's user experience. The better the experience, the higher the chance you can convert your traffic into sales.

1. I understand the reason behind using your logo as the banner images on the Slideshow section. Though because you're using Brooklyn and the banner is huge, it seems quite overpowering. Note that the three slides are a variation of the same image in a different layout. I recommend you to switch the images out. Remember, when the visitors come to your store, this is the first thing they see. This is the prime spot to market your brand to the visitors. Since this is an online store without you being present physically, you need to rely on the images, designs, and contents to translate what your brand is about. A picture is worth a thousand words. Try to source out some images that speak truly about your brand. Some sites, such as Burst and Pixabay, offer beautiful free images for you to use. Don't forget to pick some images with a solid border or less colorful around the sides, so your main menu can be much more visible. Right now because your images are bold in color, the tabs become a little difficult to read.
    05_50-x6eku-5kzeiIf the image you're using on the Slideshow section currently is part of your logo, you can present it to the top left corner by Shopify admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize. In the theme editor, on the left-hand menu, click on Header. Inside this section, you can upload your store logo. Don't forget to click Save on the top right corner when you're done.
  2. On your main menu, rather than having the Catalog tab, try to have your collections spread out on display. Because you don't have a long list of collections, it's easier for the visitors to see what you have in the store directly on the main menu. It saves the visitors' time to have to scroll down to click on the collections. The easier the customer can find the products, the bigger the chance they'll make a purchase.
    05_13-bs6rn-gj8dv
  3. It's fantastic that you have customer support in mind by having the Facebook messenger app active all the time in the store. Are you aware that the other popup made from another app overlap each other?
    05_29-krfew-58g8sSince most of the visitors won't use this function, instead of having the chat actively open all the time throughout your store, it's best to minimize it. You can minimize the window by Shopify admin > Apps > Facebook messenger app. Once in the app, on the Customer Chat Widget, click on Edit and then check on Minimized. Don't forget to click on Save when completed. A great alternative is removing this app altogether and create a Contact Us page. Keep in mind that not all customers have Facebook accounts. By setting up a Contact Us page, it shows that you care about all the customers regardless if they have Facebook accounts or not and the apps won't be overlapping each other. The fewer apps you use, the faster your store will load, which will help with your search engine optimization (SEO).
  4. Scrolling down the homepage, towards the footer section, there's a huge section dedicated to your social media links and reviews. I double checked the social media buttons you have and only the Facebook one is active. The Pinterest and the Instagram buttons both aren't set up properly. Plus, there's a button promoting the app that's creating the buttons.
    05_57-4gi39-2x8meDo you know you can create social media buttons right from the Brooklyn theme? You can do so by visit the theme editor, on the left-hand side menu, click on Theme settings > Social media. Under the Account section, you can add all the links to the accounts you have. The social media buttons will show up at the footer section. Remember to click Save on the top right corner when finished. With the product reviews, you can use the free Product Reviews app made by Shopify. Simply follow the instruction and the reviews you have will show up on both the product page. The best thing is that this app is SEO friendly. Your reviews will boost your SEO ranking.
  5. One of the important elements missing is the policy pages. The pages, such as Return/Refund Policy, Shipping Policy, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Services, are important to have. Because your store is digital, there're no sales associates standing there to offer store support. By having these pages, you get to answer the customers' basic questions they may have regarding their orders and personal data. Here's how you can add the policy pages. Don't forget to read the content and edit them accordingly to reflect your business
  6. Going through your collection pages, I noticed that all the product images under the Threads collection have your logo slap on the garments directly. 
    06_31-tumlo-x63oc
    06_32-s0jin-j7jdjI recommend you to use the clothing mockup sites, such as Placeit.net and Mockupworld, so your product images look more realistic. Also, because your garments come with a few variants, it's best to reduce the non-selected product images to thumbnails. This prevents the endless scroll on your product page. Go to the theme editor, on the top, select Product pages. Once in the product pages, on the left-hand side menu, click on Product pages. Under Settings, in the Image display selector, select Thumbnails. Don't forget to click Save on the top right corner to ensure your work is saved.
  7. With your store having quite a few images, some quite large, I recommend you go over your color scheme in the store along with the font size in the body. The color you currently have is quite dark. It doesn't speak too well with the brand you have. After reading through your About Us page, I feel like your brand is positive and strong. Remember, the colors evoke the people's emotion. To help you pick a better color scheme to represent your brand, check out Color, Psychology, and Design. Also, the font colors are too close to the color in the background. It reduces visibility. You can also increase the readability by increase the body font size. Go to the theme editor, on the left-hand side menu, click on the Theme settings > Typography. Scroll down to the Body text section and you can increase the size accordingly.

These are the major tweaks I recommend for you. A tip I often share in my posts is that book an hour or two of your time, visit your favorite online stores. Take notes on what you love about the stores and what you don't like so much about the stores along with the reasons. Once you check the list over, often there's a consistent theme across the notes. When you are done, take a break. After the break, come back to your store. Try to shop as a customer. Again, make some notes on what you've found. Finally, crosscheck the two notes together. This way, it's a lot easier to make adjustments on your store.

Once you finish tweaking your store, I recommend you to check out Shopify Academy. There are great free courses on various marketing strategies. Can't wait to see your business take off!

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out! 

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Excursionist
16 0 2
Thank you very much for all the recommendations! I have a lot to do over the next few days. Lol. Everything you suggested makes sense. Please check back and let us know how you think it turned out.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
391 73 138

Hi, James and Carolee!

No problem at all! I'm glad that you found my feedback helpful. When you have a chance, don't forget to click Like and Accept your favorite post as Solution. It'll help others read through the information. Feel free to reach out in the thread after you've done the updateanytime. I'd be happy to go over your store again! 

Best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like