I opened a baby clothing/product store last week. I have been getting around 50 visitors daily with 1 sale and 7 cart abandonment. I would really appreciate any and all feedback you can give! I am new to this and I am looking for any support and advise also :)
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I've taken a look through your website and I would be happy to share some feedback that I think could help you with sales and user experience. What I noticed first is that your slideshow and shipping bar don't tend to blend into the same feel as the rest of your homepage. These aspects look a little bit dark and serious, when your products and the rest of your homepage look fun and light. Changing the brightness of your slideshow image and changing the colour of your shipping bar should help these aspects blend into the rest of your storefront.
I think your product images, titles and product pages look fantastic. Your product images are consistently the same and follow the same sort of formatting, but I do think that you should reduce the amount of products shown on your homepage. You want to have around 4-6 featured products showing on your homepage to give your customers a glimpse of what you have to offer - then your customers can click on your collections to see more products. Showing less products just keeps your homepage clean and less congested.
Your featured collections unfortunately doesn't attract my attention when I scroll down your page. The dark overlay takes away from the bright and cheerfulness of your brand. I would recommend mainly focusing on personalizing your homepage to reflect your brand more. Try changing the font you're using, the colours to be consistent with your logo and adding in some more graphics to grab attention. Try thinking about incorporating some of the tips from our blog posts; The 4 Fundamentals of Ecommerce Store Design and Customizing Your Shopify Theme: How to Use Images, Colors, and Fonts.
I can see that you have your 'Contact Us' page, your policy pages and your 'About Us' page set up. Your 'About Us' page is off to a good start, but it could be customized some more to build up your brand. The 'About Us' page is a great way for your customers to learn more about you, to relate to you and to get a better idea of what your brand is all about. Check out The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own) which is a really thorough blog post that goes into detail about how to make the ultimate 'About Us' page.
As for marketing, what have you done so far to advertise your shop?
This is an accepted solution.
To add to what Karlie said, you can make some great tweaks to your product pages:
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.
First, great shop. Really liked the look and feel of it!
In case you are dropshipping from AliExpress, do give a try to this app called AppMagica: AliExpress Review .It helped us with importing authentic reviews from AliExpress and made our new store look filled with buyers :). Certainly a great way to make people feel your store
is authentic and has people buying and leaving good reviews on your products, which can help in driving sales.
Hi @ruthieroodoo welcome to Shopify family
I hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You really have a neat and well-maintained store.
After taking a look at your website, I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks
1. The more often you update your blog, the more traffic it will receive. Google gives higher priority to websites with fresh content, so if you want to get more attention from the search engines, update your blog at least twice a week.
2. Ask the customers to rate and review the product as 90% of the customers will go through the feedback section before buying.
3. Add the section of most featured/ liked products by doing this the products will be reviewed.
4. Ensure every image has other 3-4 images with different angles which will help the customer to get a detailed view of your gallery with this you can also add a product zoom in to fill the browser window.
5. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that u need to add top announcements on your store like ‘free shipping’ which creates urgency and will boost sales. Adding visually attractive stickers like a number to products left, upcoming sales, In trend will grab the attention and excite the customer.
I hope this helps!
Hello @ruthieroodoo ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.