Please review my store - Baby Clothing Store

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Everyone!

I opened a baby clothing/product store last week. I have been getting around 50 visitors daily with 1 sale and 7 cart abandonment. I would really appreciate any and all feedback you can give! I am new to this and I am looking for any support and advise also :)

https://millennium-mom.myshopify.com/https://millennialmomboutique.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, Ruth!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I've taken a look through your website and I would be happy to share some feedback that I think could help you with sales and user experience. What I noticed first is that your slideshow and shipping bar don't tend to blend into the same feel as the rest of your homepage. These aspects look a little bit dark and serious, when your products and the rest of your homepage look fun and light. Changing the brightness of your slideshow image and changing the colour of your shipping bar should help these aspects blend into the rest of your storefront. 

I think your product images, titles and product pages look fantastic. Your product images are consistently the same and follow the same sort of formatting, but I do think that you should reduce the amount of products shown on your homepage. You want to have around 4-6 featured products showing on your homepage to give your customers a glimpse of what you have to offer - then your customers can click on your collections to see more products. Showing less products just keeps your homepage clean and less congested. 

Your featured collections unfortunately doesn't attract my attention when I scroll down your page. The dark overlay takes away from the bright and cheerfulness of your brand. I would recommend mainly focusing on personalizing your homepage to reflect your brand more. Try changing the font you're using, the colours to be consistent with your logo and adding in some more graphics to grab attention. Try thinking about incorporating some of the tips from our blog posts; The 4 Fundamentals of Ecommerce Store Design and Customizing Your Shopify Theme: How to Use Images, Colors, and Fonts

I can see that you have your 'Contact Us' page, your policy pages and your 'About Us' page set up. Your 'About Us' page is off to a good start, but it could be customized some more to build up your brand. The 'About Us' page is a great way for your customers to learn more about you, to relate to you and to get a better idea of what your brand is all about. Check out The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own) which is a really thorough blog post that goes into detail about how to make the ultimate 'About Us' page. 

As for marketing, what have you done so far to advertise your shop? 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you so much! I will work on those areas! I have been using word of mouth, I set up FB and IG pages, and I use FB marketing to help spread the word about my store.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

To add to what 

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw had only 1 or 2 images

3. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

4. Make a sizing chart page and link to it from your product pages and in the footer. You don't want to deal with returns from customers buying the wrong size

5. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 3

Hi @ruthieroodoo 

First, great shop. Really liked the look and feel of it!

In case you are dropshipping from AliExpress, do give a try to this app called AppMagica: AliExpress Review .It helped us with importing authentic reviews from AliExpress and made our new store look filled with buyers :). Certainly a great way to make people feel your store

is authentic and has people buying and leaving good reviews on your products, which can help in driving sales.

Cheers!

0 Likes

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Fashion wear matching, personalized fashion clothing in Jiangxi brand product export online exhibition .men and women's wear, children's wear,underwear,sports and casual wear,home textiles,carpets and tapestry,shoes

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
300 11 60

Hi @ruthieroodoo welcome to Shopify family 

I hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You really have a neat and well-maintained store.

After taking a look at your website, I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks

1. The more often you update your blog, the more traffic it will receive. Google gives higher priority to websites with fresh content, so if you want to get more attention from the search engines, update your blog at least twice a week.
2. Ask the customers to rate and review the product as 90% of the customers will go through the feedback section before buying.
3. Add the section of most featured/ liked products by doing this the products will be reviewed.
4. Ensure every image has other 3-4 images with different angles which will help the customer to get a detailed view of your gallery with this you can also add a product zoom in to fill the browser window.
5. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that u need to add top announcements on your store like ‘free shipping’ which creates urgency and will boost sales. Adding visually attractive stickers like a number to products left, upcoming sales, In trend will grab the attention and excite the customer.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @ruthieroodoo ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• Add a live chat so that if a customer has any questions they can easily contact you.
  • There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop 

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes