Please review my store

Highlighted
2 0 1

Could you please review my store where we sell antiques, collectibles, and home decor and be honest about anything you see that could be hindering my success.  Nothing will hurt my feelings.  I need good, honest, feedback. I have had so few sales since the launch of the site it is discouraging.  I am using the parallax theme. Any other recommendations would also help.  I have been using kit as well and posting on social media regularly. 

Here is the address https://www.cityfarmhouseantiques.com/  

Thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
783 26 217

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

You have beautiful products on your website and your logo looks very stylish and suits your branding. The sliding images are stunning and they are good quality. Consider also optimizing them further by adding a short explanation to each image as to what’s in the picture:

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 06.37.47.png

You can describe each item in few words and create a title for each of the images: this will help you engage with your visitors and reduce the confusion as to what each item represents.

Make sure to link each image to a relevant product as well to improve the user experience, and help people navigate your website easier. This can help you boost your conversion rate. The Shop now button is very small and almost disappears against more busy image:

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 06.40.30.png

Consider giving it more contrasting color and make it bigger, so it stands out more. Also, make sure that the transition time is set to 7 seconds - that’s the optimum time for visitors to digest what’s on each image and decide if they’d like to click it.

The featured collections below are really engaging and cute:Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 06.42.17.png

And the images are absolutely adorable. Not sure if you noticed that you feature the same element twice on the homepage: you have the same collections featured again at the bottom. Consider removing the duplicate collections, and you can use this space to show other promotional content instead.

Unique Finds and a blog feature look excellent.

Blog posts - you blog regularly, which is fantastic, and your posts are very engaging. Consider optimizing them further to improve the dwell time [time people spend on your website] and reduce the bounce rate. Both elements are important for SEO, and improving these will help you improve your Google rank organically over time.

How to improve your blog post?

Consider writing longer articles. While I realize it’s difficult to create 1500+ words articles each week, but it’s important to have at least 1-2 articles that are longer, more detailed and substantial, as they alone can drive more traffic. Make sure to optimize each post for SEO by adding H tags, internal links and improve the Google snippets and URLs.

This particular blog post has an SEO score of 42/100 and there few things you can do to improve it.

The URL is too long [shorter URLs are better]:Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 06.49.00.png

It would be much better if the URL was: https://www.cityfarmhouseantiques.com/blogs/antique-depression-glass

Remove all the unnecessary elements that don’t add anything in terms of keywords. You don’t need to have both /blog/ and /news/ here, so it’s worth improving the technical structure of the URL.

Your meta description is too long:Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 06.48.48.png

Meaning it will be cut off in Google results. Also, there seem to be two domain names pointing to this website:Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 06.53.10.png

With no 301 redirect set up, Google reads that as two websites with a duplicate content, which might affect your overall SEO score. This is easy to fix and can definitely help you get on good books of Google :)

Make sure to use the H tags [headings] in the right order. These elements give Google know what each page is about, so it’s worth also using your target keywords and synonyms here:Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 06.54.51.png

One more thing about this blog post. The above the fold area [as soon as I opened the page] looks like this:

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 06.44.51.png

It’s very vague and doesn’t give much information for the visitors in terms of introduction, a summary of the article etc.

The best-converting websites have all the key info above the fold, so people can find it easy without the need to scroll down. That’s also recommended layout for all mobile users, especially with Google’s mobile-first indexing, where the mobile version of the website is ranked before the desktop version.

The best way to improve the layout of your blog posts is to have the featured image smaller, nestled on the side, with a short summary of the post as a text on the right. Alternatively, if you want to display this image full size as it is, you can add 2 paragraphs of the text at the top, and display the image below, between the paragraphs.

This kind of layout will help you engage with your visitors, encourage them to read further and reduce your bounce rate.

Your collection page looks stylish, your products are photographed beautifully as well. You do have premium items, and you target premium clientele. Make sure to improve the branding further to improve the perceived value of the items.

The best way is to add a ‘white space’ on your collection page. Think of it as a premium clothing boutique - they display their items sparingly to create the perception of luxury. You can do the same, by displaying only three items per row on the collection page, instead of four. It will make the images bigger, and people will be able to see the detail of each item in greater detail, which will help them appreciate them much more:

4 items per row:

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 07.02.27.png

Versus 3 items per row:

Untitled design-44.png

The perceived quality and value is much higher with three items per row, and will help people justify spending more on your website, which will make them place bigger orders.

The product page has an excellent layout: all the key elements are above the fold, perfect.  I noticed that your product descriptions are minimalist - you’ll see that people love detailed descriptions and appreciate the effort you’d put in describing each product.

Make sure to really sell it to the visitor and help them visualize the benefits and the design of each product. You can tell about the design, interior decor tips, which place the vase would look best etc. to allow visitors visualize already owning their product and seeing it in their house. Great, enticing product descriptions can significantly help you boost your sales. Use storytelling to convert visitors into buyers. Listing features no longer works as viable selling technique, you have to list the benefits the product will bring into the buyers lives’ in order to sell more than your competitors. This short video explains how storytelling can help you sell more.

Also, the share button is in the way of the footer links - consider optimizing them:Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 07.10.11.png

Your About us page is beautifully written; I love the story you created here. I’d change the featured image though: although it suits your business name, my first impression was that you store your antiques here in the shed. It’s an unconscious impression that can affect the way people view your products.

Consider displaying a picture of one of your items here instead [make sure you took it yourself, as it’s better for SEO].Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 07.13.52.png

You can customize this page further by adding a short CTA [call to action] at the bottom to browse your products or to contact you. Make sure that each page is part of the customer journey [sales funnel], leading from the landing page, through your content, products and to the checkout. The best converting stores structure their customer journey this way.

Contact us page - consider adding a short paragraph here too. Few sentences such as: “Contact us now with any questions. Email us at [your email address] or fill in the form below and press “Send”. We will get back to you within 24 hours.” will feel more personal and be inviting for people to reach out and contact you.

Social media - you open the links in new tabs; perfect.

Your Google+ profile is empty - consider removing it. With this platform shutting down, you can delete the profile, or simply remove it from the website footer.

Your YouTube channel is amazing - you have plenty of subscribers and great content; well done.

Your Pinterest profile looks great - consider however uploading a better quality profile picture, as the one you currently have is slightly blurry:Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 07.21.04.png

Your Facebook and Instagram profiles look fantastic as well.

I hope you found these tips helpful, however if you have any questions, or would like help with sorting out your SEO issues, please give me a shout.

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

Get 2 Google page #1 in 30 days | Join my Facebook community to learn how it's done | Click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/30days2page1/

0 Likes