Please review my store

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I am currently running an online store and would like to know if there are some areas where I went wrong in any way. 

It would be appreciated is anyone could help me out!!

Here is a link to the store: https://lurkedgoods.com/

Kenbao

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
474 46 236

Hi Kenbao,

General
  • Your store doesn't have a favicon. A favicon is a small image that appears on the browser tabs. It helps strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website. Here's how you can add a favicon to your store.
  • It might be a good idea to create a logo for your business! Having a professional logo makes your brand stand out and more memorable. There are many great free tools that you can use to make one, such as Hatchful.
  • The about us page has a very small content. I recommend to update with more content, what is the motivation doing this, why you are doing it. Share your native photos of your store and team.
Homepage
  • The social media icons at the footer can be opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your store while looking at your social media pages.
  • You have a newsletter box which is great. But I would recommend adding a discount code to entice your visitor to give an email address.
Product
  • I suggest removing the trust seals on each product page. They don't help your brand. I recommend putting these seals in the footer.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here and "like" below.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you very much!

1 Like

You sell one product and that is going to be hard to build a business around. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's just images and not a lot going on. You need to tell a story and tell people why they need this product.

2. Add a contact page to your site

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw had only 1 or 2 images

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks for your feedback! I thought about what you said about not being able to build a theme around my product and I added another product of the same category. My question is: do you think with the way my store is now I have an legitimate theme? 

0 Likes

@Kenbao wrote:

Thanks for your feedback! I thought about what you said about not being able to build a theme around my product and I added another product of the same category. My question is: do you think with the way my store is now I have an legitimate theme? 

If your store becomes about safety at home and keep your house and things safe from robbers. Could be an interesting store to build a business around. 

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

I am really grateful for the feedback! One last thing: I have my doubts about my store name. Does 'Lurked Goods' sound off-putting in any way? I am asking for your personal opinion. Much would be appreciated!!

0 Likes

@Kenbao wrote:

I am really grateful for the feedback! One last thing: I have my doubts about my store name. Does 'Lurked Goods' sound off-putting in any way? I am asking for your personal opinion. Much would be appreciated!!

It's not off putting as much as I don't know what you sell reading it out loud. If you could find a better domain name, might be better to switch to that.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you very much!

0 Likes