Excursionist
217 0 5

Please review my store. www.thestripesinme.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
475 27 67

Hey, there.

Dallas here, from the Shopify Social Care Team.

I took a look at your store and from the first look, I think it looks good. I love how you have your homepage set up to tell the story of your business. Your initial image is a lifestyle image rather than a product image. Perfect.

Right below that, you have a video which is great, but I strongly suggest changing the name of the video though. Right now it's "Black Man wearing a t-shirt video at parking lot 13509". Firstly, It's best not to start a video name with "black man ___" because it unnecessarily points our race which can cause a division between your customers. I'd also take out the part about what lot it is. It'd be better to have it say something like "Promo video Fall 2019".

The pages that you have are great and the setup is good too. Footer looks good, navigation looks good, the About Us looks good. Great job! This is a very good starting point. In that case, let’s talk about marketing. I see you have an Instagram account and based on what I'm seeing you have a buyer persona for your products which is very important. 

A buyer persona is a fictionalized characterization of your best customer(s) based on information about them and how they use your product or service. These descriptions mirror your various market segments, with names to match the type of buyer.

Buyer personas are the best place to start, but after that, we need to think about the marketing plan. How are you hoping to get the word out about your business?

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
314 15 57

Hi @TheStripesInMe 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

Also I noticed that you don't have reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

You might consider adding a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes