Please review my store

Highlighted
Excursionist
27 2 0

My store has been live for three days.  I've had some traffic, ~100 real visitors, but no sales.  Any comments would be great!

perfectfitchocolate.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
142 17 30

Hi @pmartensen,

Thank you for getting in touch and for sharing your store with us here! It seems like you've got a wonderful product here and there's tons of great content on the site. Before I go into detail with my suggestions, I came across https://perfectfitchocolate.com/ - is this your other store/ website? Are you migrating over to Shopify, or are you looking to keep the other site online whilst also using the Shopify site?

If you want to clarify this detail and any other information you feel is relevant, please do and I'll be able to offer guidance on how maximize the potential of your Shopify store.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
27 2 0
Victor,

Yes, perfectfitchocolate.com is my static site that contains my story and
some pictures. There are links on it to my social media accounts and my
Shopify store. Do most people turn off a static site like that and migrate
everything to the Shopify store?

Thanks!

Peter
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
293 15 54

Hi @pmartensen 

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

Did you think about adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

You might consider adding a support email address. By adding a support email address, you will be able to build more trust with your customers and give them another point of contact to talk to you with.

An important thing I couldn't find is an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

An important thing I couldn't find is a blog. Adding a blog to your site would help to increase SEO on your site.

Another thing you might want to add is a return policy. A return policy can help your customers know what to do in case something goes wrong. If you include one it can help increase trust and thus increase sales.

After looking I couldn't find reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
142 17 30

Hi @pmartensen,

Okay, great! Thank you for confirming that.

Lots of people will have a store on Shopify and another website elsewhere, which can be helpful if they serve different purposes. For example, a merchant may have an established blog on a dedicated blogging platform that they wish to keep, but they also want to use Shopify as their storefront to utilize our ecommerce features. If you're doing this, though, you will want to use the same branding on both sites so that customers understand that they are linked and part of the same business.

The first thing you should do is add a subdomain to the Shopify store, as opposed to just using the .myshopify.com domain. You could, for example, have store.perfectfitchocolate.com or shop.perfectfitchocolate.com - this helps keep brand consistency and adds legitimacy to your Shopify store. You'll be able to keep the root domain (perfectfitchocolate.com) on your other site, and add a subdomain to the Shopify website. We have a guide on connecting domains to your Shopify store here which you can check out, but remember that you'll only want to be adding a subdomain to the store and not the root domain.

You'll also want to use other brand imagery, such as your logo, on the Shopify store as well. I see that you've a great-looking logo on your other site, so I'd recommend adding that to your current theme on Shopify too. This can be done in the Header section of the theme editor. I'd also recommend adding a link to the Shopify store on your other site, and vice-versa, to ensure that customers can easily navigate between them. You can do that in Shopify via your navigation settings.

I hope this explains things, but please let me know if you've any further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

You have a great product and branding but the design of your site could use some work I would say. Part of this can be improved by picking a better them that helps show off your brand. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as all the center aligned text does not look good. Also section title text like Feature Collection should be bigger and easier to read. Also your "about us" section has no title as well

2. I would move your contact us, and FAQ link to your footer. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

As I said above, a better theme could improve your brand and also make it feel more developed. Also just working on the layout of your store can improve the experience. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes