Please review my store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I hope someone can help me, please. I already launched a Shopify store where I was selling sunglasses before, I tried as hard as I could but didn't have any sale. I'm now trying a general store to try multiple products, but I don't want to waste money again like with the other store for nothing. I did my best with this new one and I hope someone can help me if I forgot something before I buy a domain name and launch the store. I'm still adding products to it and I think that all what is left before launching the site. Thanks in advance 

https://practicalmine.myshopify.com/

You still need to enter this password to preview the website: xohttu

Thank you very much 

best regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
823 91 148

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your store and did a little browsing on it. I have some suggestions and a couple of questions: 

- Why did you decide to open a general store? Who is the target market going to be? How are you going to market a general store to that target market? Whose problem are you solving with this store? What's the store's mission statement? 

- You have no information about the business on the landing page, and you're About Us page isn't fleshed out enough. Your customers will want to know as much as possible about the business.

- The product photography is very jarring, as there is no consistency. There are different types of text and icons overlayed on each image. I would suggest either making your own product photographs or trying to make them look as consistent as you can across the board. 

- There are no reviews/testimonials currently on the site. Having some peer reviews will help with conversions. 

Have a think on the questions I posed above, and let me know your thoughts. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 27 99

Hi @Percepsun 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

One thing to consider is adding social media links. Adding social media for your store can help people realize that they are dealing with a real person and organization and not just some faceless store

You might consider adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

I wasn't able to find a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

An important thing I couldn't find is reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

Also I noticed that you don't have a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

0 Likes